washing the walkin walls......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellarman46

Reaction score
What do you all use to clean your cellars.. ..

My cold room has a concrete floor and no drain so i dont want to use to much water...

Im trying to find a good method for a room full of 50 kegs. For the walls ive just tried out using white vinegar..... I bought a few 5 liter jugs.... I just filled up a spray bottle and gave them a lashdown with a sponge.... It more or less melted away all the moldy patches.... It didnt leave a brilliant shine... Nonetheless ill be using it on a monthly basis till and if i hear of a better method.

I got a jumbo bottle brush .... And that worked good for the beer lines along the ceiling.... I used vinegar for those as well....

Does anyone have any ideas for the strip of couplings / fobs that are mounted on the wall.... Im not sure if i should blast them with the straight vinegar or something like bleech & water on a 1/10 ratio...

Thanks.

In my situation i have no drains....at thw moment....... The ventalation isnt the best so ive triwd 2 nontoxic solutions........actuLly 3.

Hydeogen peroxide, borox powder mixed with water & vinigar.....

The hydrogen peroxide literally meltwd the mold....... It melted a few other things as well..... It was highly corrosive on some of the metals....i wont be using it again.

The borox was allright for the walls themselves.... It left a film of borax which is said to stop mold feom growing again.... I didnt fgo in to use this for fear of it getting in and on the couplings/kegs....

The distilled vinigar has worked the best...... Its not to corrosive, it cleans well, its cheap and it seems allrighrt for giving every inch of the coldroom a soaking via a spray bottle...... It also blends in with the overall smell of the pub.....

xIVgZfq.jpg

keep a dehumidifier running in there. it will dry out the air and keep mildew to a minimum.

(maybe the corks too now that i think about it, though, so perhaps disregard)

Latest posts

Back