WC '14 BIF

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by Duffman929, May 21, 2014.

1. Duffman929

Duffman929

Looking to get a few people together for some WC '14 fun. I have two ideas and am open to either one.

Idea one: We get 8 or 16 people and they are randomly assigned 4 or 2 teams. Team that wins will get a prize from 4 or 9 people and second place will get a prize from 2 or 5 people. What to be sent, bottle/oz wise can be discussed.

Idea two: We get between 4 to 7 people and we do a fantasy style draft of players scoring goals. Each team would field 6 to 8 players and whoever gets the most goals would win boxes from the other players.

Would like to get this hammered out by the end of the month, so let me know who is interested and which you prefer.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. gregkoko

gregkoko

Would probably be in for Idea One

sliverx likes this.
  3. Brez07

Brez07

I would be down for either. Another option is bracket style (there's one through ESPN or we could do our own).

ABSTRACTlegend likes this.
  4. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

I'm down for anything involving the world cup

5. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

They have a fantasy type bracket system on yahoo. Where you get points for choosing the correct team to win and you get bonus points for picking the correct score. We can do something like that as well

6. sliverx

sliverx

In for option #1 but only of the team draw is set up like the Finals draw (cant be in the same group type stuff).

7. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

Teams are too lopsided for option 1. We all know certain teams will not get out of the first round.

8. sliverx

sliverx

Yea this was claimed last time on that other site when one of these was run. Uruguay blew that to hell...
    If you get 16 participants and divide the teams into A and B pools, everyone gets a team expected to move on and a team that's cannon fodder.

flexabull and ABSTRACTlegend like this.
  9. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

We all knew Uruguay was going to at least get out of the first round. I'm talking about teams like Iran and certain African teams.

I see what you're saying though. And I'm all for whatever op decides to do.

10. aml42000

aml42000

In & vote for option 1.

11. Don

Don

Id be down and for option 1, or some sort of pickem thing

12. Duffman929

Duffman929

Well, lets do option 1 and get 8 ppl. At least with 4 teams, chances are minimal you will get all stinkers.

ABSTRACTlegend, Brez07 and gregkoko like this.
  13. SwoldierBoiTellEm

SwoldierBoiTellEm

In for option 1

14. flexabull

flexabull

I'm interested, but what are the shipping requirements?

15. Brez07

Brez07

Everyone ships to whoever gets Brazil and Spain ;)

16. Duffman929

Duffman929

Well, if we limit to first 8, we have:

Me
    Greg
    Brez
    Abstract
    Sliverx
    Aml
    DonFrap
    Mjpotter

If we want to do 16 people, we need 7 more on top of Flex.

If we do 8 teams, I say that each person gets 4 teams, but cannot have more than 2 from one bracket. Winner gets minimum of 66 oz per person plus a cool item from the country loser supported in the WC (a hat, beads, flag, scarf, etc) from other 7 people. The fun part when I went was trading items with other fans. I got a really cool Aussie floppy hat and sweet pins for one of my US scarves.

If we do 16 teams, the group will agree on the 16 best and 16 worst teams via a vote and then each person will get one team from each side (best and worst). Overall winner will get to select 8 boxes, second place will select 4 boxes, third place will select 1 box. Same requirements as above.

You can also do side bets with people, if your teams match up. I am also open to ideas based off of everyone getting some beer, if anyone wants to come up with a way to make that happen.

Brez07, ABSTRACTlegend and gregkoko like this.
  17. gregkoko

gregkoko

I feel like the majority of us are going to be US supporters though

ABSTRACTlegend likes this.
  18. Duffman929

Duffman929

We could also do two brackets: best of the best and best of the worst. Team who has the team that wins will win 8, second will get 4, and team that goes the longest from the worst will get a box.

Then we can have it so you send something from one of the teams you were given randomly. Very open to ideas.

19. Indytruks138

Indytruks138

I would be in for option 1 if it were random assignment of teams. I like the random chance of it.

20. flexabull

flexabull