West Coast Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregkoko

Reaction score
Sooooooooo I'll be making a long west coast trip in about two weeks. If anyone wants to grab a beer or set up some IP trades let me know. Here's my tentative itinerary. (This is all based around Phish tour...if you're going to any shows let me know)

10/16: Flying into Portland, OR around 8pm. Beer bars and such
10/17: Driving to Eugene, OR for Phish show. Stopping at Block 15 for lunch.
10/18: Bus from Portland, OR to Seattle, WA. Arrive around noon. Drop off bags, try to catch some of the Rutgers games. Beer bars, Phish show
10/19: Bumming around and watch football with a buddy of mine that lives in Seattle. Fly to San Francisco that evening.
10/20: Free day. No shows. My friend in SF tells me there's a bus that leaves from his corner that will take me directly to Russian River. Considering they're the only local place open that day, I'm thinking that'll be the plan.
10/21: Drive to Santa Barbara, CA. Phish show. Lunch at Barrelworks
10/22: Phish show. Suggestions welcome. Barrelworks may also be this day instead of 10/21
10/23: Free day. Likely driving to Los Angeles. I actually wound up getting tickets to Conan that night.
10/24: Phish show in Inglewood, CA
10/25: Drive to San Diego, CA. Phish show. All of the breweries
10/26: The rest of the SD breweries/beer bars, etc.
10/27: As long as I've survived, drive to San Francisco. Phish show
10/28: Thinking a Cellarmaker visit. Phish show
10/29: Phish show
10/30: SARA visit?
10/31-11/2: Fly to Las Vegas. Deal with the craft beer wasteland for three nights. Eventually get back to Brooklyn on 11/3.

I'll be in SB and Vegas, possibly the forum show too. And am not ruling out an audible for SF.

I think I already mentioned to you in another thread, there's American Ale in downtown SB that usually has a good taplist, but pricey.

Vegas is definitely a wasteland. Couple beer suggestions are Ales and Aces and Freakin Frog. I prefer the beer and staff at ales and aces, but freakin frog has no smoking which is nice. For a bottle shop, if you have a car check out Khourey's in Henderson (about 20 minutes from the strip) if you don't the whole foods by the Mandalay bay is your best bet.

I'll have plenty of bottles with me in SB and Vegas, staying at the lemon tree inn in SB (may end up renting a house) and the MGM signature in Vegas.

I'll be in SB and Vegas, possibly the forum show too. And am not ruling out an audible for SF.

I think I already mentioned to you in another thread, there's American Ale in downtown SB that usually has a good taplist, but pricey.

Vegas is definitely a wasteland. Couple beer suggestions are Ales and Aces and Freakin Frog. I prefer the beer and staff at ales and aces, but freakin frog has no smoking which is nice. For a bottle shop, if you have a car check out Khourey's in Henderson (about 20 minutes from the strip) if you don't the whole foods by the Mandalay bay is your best bet.

I'll have plenty of bottles with me in SB and Vegas, staying at the lemon tree inn in SB (may end up renting a house) and the MGM signature in Vegas.

Haven't figured out where I'm staying in SB yet. My buddy and I were just talking about that last night. I think we'll also be at MGM. Hopefully I'll have bottles left for Vegas. Only so much I can bring with me/ship out to SF for tour. May wind up replenishing in SD/SF and just drinking a **** ton of Alpine in Las Vegas

If you are heading up to RR, try to stop off in Rohnert Park at Beercraft. Good bottle shop with a small tasting area that usually has some AMAZING beers on. RP is the town right before Santa Rosa.

It is painfully slow even taking it short distances. Best off getting a Zip Car or day drinking all day at Toronado and Zeitgeist.

Disappointing. Was really looking forward to just doing the full flight at RR and parking myself for the day. No way I'm sitting on a bus for that long

That requires driving though. I'll just bounce around the city via public transport

Greg, I'm hitting the Vegas run and I have friends doing every other show if you need anyone to kick it with/drink some good beers with. Let me know. I think you have my number from that share at Erics. See you in Vegas!

Greg, I'm hitting the Vegas run and I have friends doing every other show if you need anyone to kick it with/drink some good beers with. Let me know. I think you have my number from that share at Erics. See you in Vegas!

Yeah got your number too. Luckily I'd met someone from BA during the Randall's run and we're doing the whole tour together. Good dude. Just getting into beer, but the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to kick it with Societe and Cellarmaker's finest!

In SF, don't underestimate the power of walking. If you're in decent shape and go at a decent clip you can get across town in short order, see more stuff and burn some calories for more beer! I much prefer it to sitting on a crowded bus like cattle.

In SF, don't underestimate the power of walking. If you're in decent shape and go at a decent clip you can get across town in short order, see more stuff and burn some calories for more beer!

Will definitely take that into consideration. Do my fair share of walking in NYC. All I know is I'll be staying over by the baseball stadium.

Will definitely take that into consideration. Do my fair share of walking in NYC. All I know is I'll be staying over by the baseball stadium.
Bart will get you in the general area of anywhere you need to go, and then you can walk from there. Lived in the Mission for 4 years, so feel free to hit me up with any ?s

I'll be available both the 24 and 25. I'll probably just stay in San Diego the 24th as well.

LA Show is the 24th. Definitely looking forward to seeing you dude! Whether on the 23rd, 25th, 26th, or all of the above haha

10/21: Drive to Santa Barbara, CA. Phish show. Lunch at Barrelworks Firestone Taproom
10/22: Phish show. Suggestions welcome. Barrelworks Firestone Taproom may also be this day instead of 10/21

Barrelworks is only open Friday - Sunday 12:00pm-7:00pm and Monday 2:00pm-7:00pm

I'll be home in LA on the 23rd if you want to grab a beer/crack some beers gregkoko. That said, I have no idea where you are staying, and we have a mighty big town.

So 2.5 weeks of drinking with little sleep took its toll on me hardcore. Still recovering from the trip. Wanted to thank MSardina1, Penniwisdom, drgarage, jedwards, and Usofar for showing me a great time on the west coast. Sorry for all those I wasn't able to meet up with. Hoping I can return the favor whenever y'all are out East

Latest posts

Back