US - South-Atlantic Westbrook Release Schedule

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by JulianB, Mar 27, 2014.

1. SourMilk

SourMilk

I'll be flying back in on the 29th. Land at 6:39, I might be able to stop by if they don't close at 7.. No checked bags. I saw they open their tasting room early, maybe they stay open later sometimes? Would like to see what all the mexi cake hubbub is about.

skrip likes this.
  2. caaam

caaam

The taproom staff does not like to stay late. Odds of them being open later are pretty close to zero, in my experience

RayP likes this.
  3. skrip

skrip

sorry man i will most likely be there at opening cause my mothers house where i'm staying is a little over 2 hours away

4. RayP

RayP

Has anyone had this yet? Saw the Charleston Beer Exchange tweet a couple days ago they got it, but that it was pretty limited. Last one I had was the Lemon Coconut version, and it was awesome.

[​IMG]

skrip likes this.
  5. skrip

skrip

not yet! i'm hoping to find some when i'm down in Charleston on Tuesday

RayP likes this.
  6. RayP

RayP

If you come across extras, I'd be more than happy to trade you for one. :)

skrip likes this.
  7. skrip

skrip

if i do i definitely got you!

RayP likes this.
  8. JulianB

JulianB

Doing these WWB variants is a really nice move by Westbrook. The base beer is damn good and it's very amenable to the treatments they've been doing. Lemon Coconut is one of my favorite beers they've released.

jivex5k and RayP like this.
  9. RayP

RayP

Agreed. I need more of these in my life. Especially love their low cost.

10. oakwoodaged

oakwoodaged

A friend was at CBX yesterday and said no more whiskey WWB.

RayP likes this.
  11. RayP

RayP

Yeah given the tweet I saw I figured those would go quick. Wondering what the availability is like at the brewery.

12. RayP

RayP

I had no idea the Westbrook 5th Anniversary beer was out... but apparently Green's in Greenville has it at their growler bar. Looking at their release calendar and it does show they release it in December. Guess I'm just use to Atlanta getting it a few months later usually, and associate their anniversary with February.

Either way, this beer doesn't sound all that great to me... but I'll snag one if I can. Anyone around here give it a try yet?

Westbrook 5th Anniversary
    [​IMG]
    A raspberry imperial stout brewed to celebrate Westbrook Brewing Comapny's 5th Anniversary. This beer has a sweet fruit aroma and boasts a raspberry forward flavor with a thin to medium body.

32oz fill = $10.99

10.5% ABV64oz fill

JulianB likes this.
  13. JulianB

JulianB

"thin to medium body" isn't what I like to hear for this kind of beer and makes me think "Pipeworks Raspberry Truffle Abduction", but I'll certainly give it a try in a couple of weeks when I get home. I liked the Raspberry Mexican Cake more than most who I talked with about it at the BA Cake release so I wouldn't be shocked if I enjoy this one.

jivex5k likes this.
  14. RayP

RayP

Exactly what I was thinking. A raspberry stout that's pushing 11%... and it's thin? No thanks. I did enjoy the raspberry Cake as well, though. I'm sure I'll give this one a try at some point too, but doesn't sound great to me like the last 2 did.

Big Lushious was what came to mind for me, minus the chocolate I guess. I wasn't a fan of that beer at all.

15. Sam Fu

Sam Fu

Normally don't like raspberries in anything but something sour, but as mentioned it's WB so I'll give it a shot. Anny 4 was the tits

RayP likes this.
  16. oakwoodaged

oakwoodaged

BA 4th going on sale tonight.

RayP likes this.
  17. JulianB

JulianB

Margarita Gose as well this week, all sorts of cool stuff dropping while I'm out of the state! Just as well, blowing a ton of money on travels right now. ;)

jivex5k and RayP like this.
  18. tosh

tosh

Not doing it, you are trying to hard.

Nobody do the JulianB , pls thing. Thanks.

RayP likes this.
  19. SourMilk

SourMilk

Margarita gose was nice on tap.
    These guys do solid work.
    I'm excited to taste this BA 4th anny.

Edit: BA 4th anny is coconut almond sex.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    RayP likes this.
  20. JulianB

JulianB

Another new one, from the looks of the label is Siberian Black Magic Panther but without any barrel-aging (maybe that's coming later?). To the best of my knowledge (which means I'm probably completely wrong) this is the first time the base beer as been released on its own.

[​IMG]

jivex5k, james582, andysc83 and 5 others like this.