Western Mass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiiiiit son, if you stop by in Northampton, hit a brotha up! As far as WMass goes nothing you probably haven't seen before, maybe Glass Bottom brewery in Lee, but I wouldn't hold your breath

Shiiiiit son, if you stop by in Northampton, hit a brotha up! As far as WMass goes nothing you probably haven't seen before, maybe Glass Bottom brewery in Lee, but I wouldn't hold your breath

Decided to drive home to Boston, when work was over no one was staying around.

Accidentally said Glass Bottom Boat to a customer about the brewery then erupted into laughter while he was none the wiser

If you do venture back this way, I would say check out High Horse in Amherst, it's really the only brew pub to do anything slightly different at the moment. This area is unfortunately stuck in their British brewing ways. That said, keep an eye out on Turners Falls in Franklin county

I'm headed out to the Berkshires this week Thursday-Saturday for the 4th of July. I'm originally from the area but its been a while so I'm not sure whats going on with the beer scene. What beers should I look for? Are there any new breweries worth seeking out? I probably won't have time to do a brewery trip so the other question would be where is the best bottle shop(s)? BBC Steel Rail is just about the only local beer I can remember drinking in the area.

Also I'm ISO some Treehouse/Trillium/VT IPAs to drink for the fireworks. I've got a bunch of Hop Showers from the recent release Other Half release, and some other stuff I could bring too (3F Kriek, Pipeworks Pistachio Abduction, Goodnight Mekong, etc etc)

Last edited:
If you're in the Northampton/ Springfield area check out Provisions in Northampton. They have a great wine/ cheese/ beer selection. Also decent bars such as the Foundry, Dirty Truth, McLaddens, and the tried and true Northampton Brewery

I'm headed out to the Berkshires this week Thursday-Saturday for the 4th of July. I'm originally from the area but its been a while so I'm not sure whats going on with the beer scene. What beers should I look for? Are there any new breweries worth seeking out?

High Horse is my place. I brew the beer and are super proud of the place, the food and of course the beer. Swing by anytime. We are open every day 11am-1am. Please report back on your experience too if you feel so inclined...

They make a west coast IPA. I haven't had any yet, but I've heard it's pretty good as well. I'm still on the fence on their whole operation because they crowd sourced their whole gig, but that's, like, my opinion man.

Back