What's Brewing?: July 2018

Discussion in 'Brewing & Beer Knowledge' started by axeman9182, Jul 2, 2018.

1. axeman9182

axeman9182

Took about a six hour nap after my red eye home from Portland/NHC landed and now I'm up and mashed in on a grisette/table saison. Pils, a little wheat, and a touch of rye, 20 IBUs and some late additions of Hallertauer, and fermented with 3724. Estimated OG is 1.038, so should be a nice little beer to have on tap in a couple weeks.

Gene, smithj2154, anteater and 5 others like this.
  2. Rau71

Rau71

Got a new kettle w/whirlpool and a stainless mash tun, so I can do 10+ gallon batches. First batch with the bigger setup will be just 2 row and a random hop I have, or maybe a few that will be all done within the last 10 minutes, should be interesting.

3. anteater

anteater

Brewed up a super original NEIPA the other day with Citra/Mosaic/Galaxy. Been testing out a lot of different hop combo's in the base recipe lately and thought it was time to return to the golden trio.

Rau71 and liquiddegenerate like this.
  4. TripleSixHoppia

TripleSixHoppia

3 Gallons
    100% Pils beer
    6lbs of pils
    90 minute boil

Kveik blend fermenting between 100-105*f in the shed. Dry hopped after 3 days with .1oz of magnum, .5oz German Pearl, .05 Cascade

5. rcubed

rcubed

Too hot to brew this past weekend. Maybe this weekend. But I did get a peach cider going yesterday.

6. anteater

anteater

Today I'm brewing a west coast IPA recipe that I put together. I'm curious to see if the big Columbus whirlpool in the Trillium clone I brewed translates well to a west coast recipe.

7.5 lb 2 row
    7.5 lb Marris Otter
    0.5 lb Wheat
    0.5 lb Sugar
    0.25 lb Carafoam

3 ml Hopshot 60 min
    1.5 oz Warrier 60 min
    4 oz Columbus Whirlpool
    2 oz Centennial Whirlpool
    2 oz Citra Dry Hop
    2 oz Simcoe Dry Hop
    2 oz Amarillo Dry Hop