Wicked Weed Serenity Bottle Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyctree

Reaction score
Anyone going this Saturday?
I keep hoping it is going to be a nice easy release, but I highly doubt it.

Super well run. They gave out wristbands and called numbers. You could sit and drink while you waited. I would say they gave out close to 300 wristbands. I bought my share, and then came back later in the day and there was no line.

I'm planning to go to the Black Angel release on March 22. Details so far are 500ml bottles like with Serenity, this time x12 bottles per person. Haven't seen anything about the price.

I prefer Black Angel to Serenity. They mentioned that there should be around 5000 bottles of Black Angel compared to around 2500 of Serenity.

My ranking of the Wicked Weed sours/wilds I've had (haven't had Serenity, actually):

1. Malice
2. Oblivion
3. Black Angel
4. Genesis Grand Cru
5. Vigilance

Genesis was my favorite also.

That's good that there will be more Black Angel. Two bottle shops in Charlotte got Serenity and were selling it with a two bottle limit. It was gone in a few hours. Hopefully Black Angel will stick around longer.

I'm planning to go to the Black Angel release on March 22. Details so far are 500ml bottles like with Serenity, this time x12 bottles per person. Haven't seen anything about the price.
lmk if you wanna pick up a few bottles for me ;) midwest mouthhugs are in store

1939960_237951349662106_840269612_n.png

Anyone else going? I'm pretty sure I know Photekut and myself will be there.

Not sure when I will be able to get there. Soccer games all morning. I showed up around 11:30 last time and got through within an hour. I came back around 2:30 and there was no line. I'm hoping to get two runs again.

I'm planning on coming down that day, if I get there early afternoon there should still be bottles right?

I would hope so with how many bottles there supposedly are. But if you (or any other TBers) show up and miss out, I've got you covered (I assume, but if I get there at 6am and there's 100 people in line I'm leaving).

Right on man, I doubt I'll get a full 12 bottle allotment. Really just been looking for an excuse to go back to Asheville and this is it.

I wouldn't get a whole case for myself but I'm muling bottles for a half-dozen people or so already. Not that I mind that though, it's mostly friends here who can't travel up for the release.

They should be able to fill 400+ orders of 12 bottles per person.
My guess would be that these will last at least a week judging from the Serenity release.
Serenity had around 200+ people in line, and the bottles lasted almost two week.

Anyone know if Wicked Weed only fills their own branded growlers, or do they fill others now as well? I'm not up-to-date on the current state of North Carolina law or how breweries choose what policies to enforce.

Looking for someone to pick me up a few bottles(2) of Black Angel, will gladly pay and send thank you beers from NY/NJ!

Just so you guys know.. on the 25th of May, Oblivion and this:

IMG_2654.PNG
are being released!

Edit - Paging JulianB

Thinking about it. Also thinking about driving up to Vermont for the HF anniversary party.

Also thinking that since I just burned over 250 bucks on maintenance for my stupid car I should be avoiding purchasing beer for a while...

Anyone at Wicked Weed right now? I'm in line to get in, stopped on my way back from a climbing trip. Wearing a red FW IBU shirt.

Any way we can get the title changed to something like "Wicked Weed Bottle Releases" since we seem to be discussing all of them in here now? andyctree can you still do this or is it too late?
Thanks to pgh_penguins and JulianB for answering my past WW release questions!

How smoothly are the more recent release going? How many people are showing up?
The first few sounded easy.

Super easy. Walked in yesterday around 3, no one in line, and was back in my car in under 10 minutes. Pretty much all of the bottles were available.

Thanks to pgh_penguins and JulianB for answering my past WW release questions!

How smoothly are the more recent release going? How many people are showing up?
The first few sounded easy.

I have no idea what the initial turnout was like today, one of the other guys who was there this morning can possibly answer that. Given that it was Asheville Craft Beer week and there were a ton of limiteds on draft (Menage-A-Freak, Imperial Coolcumber, Dark Age, etc.) I figured it would be a zoo, but after a short wait to get in things were fairly mellow. Also, every bottle they've released so far was available, and in unlimited quantities. After checking with some friends on what they wanted, I walked out with:

x8 Oblivion
x8 Passiflora Blanc
x2 Indulgence
x3 Bretticent
x2 Genesis
x1 Serenity

Back