US - Great Lakes Witch's Hat St. Patrick's day party and bottle release 3/17

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Jb123, Feb 4, 2016.

1. steimie

steimie

Why do breweries fuck this up every time? So frustrating, but I guess they got their money. So whatever.

thebandit1, JulianB and Jb123 like this.
  2. Jb123

Jb123

OH! AND, You couldn't hang out inside because it was at capacity.

3. JulianB

JulianB

Why have a "Mug Club" where you're obviously selling memberships to people who are just buying limit bottles for trade/re-sale value? Isn't the whole point of such a thing to prioritize people who go in to drink beer there regularly, hence the name? Seems silly to run one as some sort of on-site bottle society.

jivex5k and Jb123 like this.
  4. Jb123

Jb123

[​IMG]
    When I bought a membership early summer I was 1000+ member. I have went a few times when in the area and just drank and got cheap ass growler fills. Happy to see them succeed but damn, why can't people figure it out! They know when ppl fucking camp out at 1130 the night before that they should be doing something a tad different(like telling them to go fucking home). These are my opinions.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    tosh, thebandit1, JulianB and 3 others like this.
  5. steimie

steimie

The whole point is cash. All the cash you can get. As long as people keep coming and keep spending, nothing is going to change.

Jb123 and JulianB like this.
  6. Ckozl

Ckozl

Damn JB you must have been right behind me cause I was there 8:45 too and was told I was #150.

Missed out on trax but must have bought some of the last cordial. Wasn't an organized release for sure.

Jb123 likes this.
  7. Jb123

Jb123

Dang! Must have been! We were just passed where the fence bent. Yeah I agree not the best release esp for such a small place

8. thebandit1

thebandit1

We share these opinions.

tosh and Jb123 like this.
  9. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

Judging by this response, I assume it is safe to say that no bottles made it to today?

Jb123 likes this.
  10. Corbot_3000

Corbot_3000

They're probably going to re-think how they do releases - they don't like the fact that people who waited 2+ hours walked away without getting what they wanted.

I wasn't that surprised - highly allotment means more people willing to travel for a bigger haul that they can trade/drink/sell.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  11. rjose

rjose

Exactly, if you want to reward locals and actual mug club members (not people who payed a "mug club tax" the day of) you should have more small releases and fewer large ones.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  12. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

I haven't heard much recently, but much like Bell's was doing with the General Store... One day you walk in and there are 750's of Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout, yes please.

Jas45678 and Jb123 like this.
  13. Jb123

Jb123

HAS ANYONE OPENED A VANILLA OR ESPRESSO? HAD A FRIEND OPEN BOTH AND SAID THEY BOTH TASTED LIKE NAIL POLISH.

If this is true , this and the oddside shit together is going to really make me lose faith.

steimie likes this.
  14. Ckozl

Ckozl

Dear god please no...

Jb123 likes this.
  15. steimie

steimie

I would laugh so hard.

abawol01 and Jb123 like this.
  16. cneville

cneville

best part is that apparently it took a week for anyone to open their bottles since they're trying to ship them all across the country

17. Jb123

Jb123

Me too, me too. I feel like witches hat will do the right thing but what about them whale trades.

steimie likes this.
  18. Jb123

Jb123

Opening vanilla in about 30 mins. Supposed to send some to a regular trading partner and need to know before I send him complete shit. Draft was great. So fucking annoying. Bcbs oddside now possibly witches hat. Please no.

19. Jb123

Jb123

Beer is fine. Better than fine. I trust my friend and his taste. I hope it's not certain bottles. This bottle is really great.

steimie likes this.
  20. Jb123

Jb123

Cross post. Huge vanilla!
    [​IMG]