Wooden lambic cradle "preorder"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huckyourmeat

Reaction score
Some of you have seen pictures of the lambic cradles that I have made. I'm planning on making another round of them sometime shortly after the holidays. If you're interested, throw your name on the list on the google doc at http://goo.gl/4PlPCf .

I won't be collecting money until I'm ready to start cutting wood and if you change your mind between now and then, no big deal. Just trying to get an idea of interest. Please feel free to share the link outside of this site as well!

Pictures can be seen at http://goo.gl/GJQhzP.

If Gene et. al. would prefer that I not post this here, please feel free to delete!

Classy as ****. If the holidays werent a bad financial time (Bourbon County, not gifts for family) I'd be down.
Thanks for the compliments. Payment will likely come after the holidays, so if you're interested, go ahead and put your name down. Even if you change your mind between now and then, it's not a big deal. Basically, once I reach a decent number of "preorders", I'll reach out to everyone to confirm actual interest.

I'll say the same thing I said on the book of faces: I really can't recommend these things enough. The 750ml cradles are awesome, but the 375 is where it's at because seriously, who has 375ml baskets on hand? I might need to get some more.

I have one of each coming Friday and I couldn't be more stoked! I love the wicker lambic basket that I got from crossamich but I saw one of these that Forgetfu had at GABF and it was really well made. Looking forward to the real deal.

I have several "tradtional" ones that I got online in various places but these are definitely nicer. Worth the price if you're serious about your lambeakes

has anyone here used these? i was somewhere where someone had a wicker one and a wooden one and the wooden one sucked. it was too big and the bottle almost fell out every time it was poured unless someone held the bottle down.

has anyone here used these? i was somewhere where someone had a wicker one and a wooden one and the wooden one sucked. it was too big and the bottle almost fell out every time it was poured unless someone held the bottle down.
I'll answer, though it's probably safe to say that I'm a little biased.

I created the boxes from scratch and I created a custom template for all three sizes (yes, I do 1.5L baskets, too!). I also "designed" (read: cut some chunks of wood) a system with wedges and spacers to help accommodate the variety of bottle sizes and shapes out there. Using that system, I have yet to find a bottle that doesn't fit into the box very snugly (though one or two, like Armand 4, are too wide to fit). I always use only the handle when pouring out of the 750 and the bottle doesn't move around at all.

Last edited:
I'll answer, though it's probably safe to say that I'm a little biased.

I created the boxes from scratch and I created a custom template for all three sizes (yes, I do 1.5L baskets, too !). I also "designed" (read: cut some chunks of wood) a system with wedges and spacers to help accommodate the variety of bottle sizes and shapes out there. Using that system, I have yet to find a bottle that doesn't fit into the box very snugly (though one or two, like Armand 4, are too wide to fit). I always use only the handle when pouring out of the 750 and the bottle doesn't move around at all.
Just idly curious, do you have plans in any kind of digital form? I've wanted to build something like this ever since I saw this type of basket at Kulminator. I made my own plans but they're probably terrible since I'm inexperienced at woodworking.

Just idly curious, do you have plans in any kind of digital form? I've wanted to build something like this ever since I saw this type of basket at Kulminator. I made my own plans but they're probably terrible since I'm inexperienced at woodworking.
No digital plans, unfortunately. I don't even have the dimensions recorded on paper, to be honest. I may get around to that at some point, but at the moment, everything is old-fashioned.

Well, as old-fashioned as a router table can be...

Action shot:

1476070_10100155068164535_2095682299_n.jpg

Quick apology for not updating you guys. Building the cradles has gotten off to a slower start than I planned for a variety of reasons. However, I hope to have most "preorders" completed in the next few weeks. As I finish them, I'll shoot you guys an individual message to work out shipping.

Cheers and thanks again!

Quick apology for not updating you guys. Building the cradles has gotten off to a slower start than I planned for a variety of reasons. However, I hope to have most "preorders" completed in the next few weeks. As I finish them, I'll shoot you guys an individual message to work out shipping.

Cheers and thanks again!
Did you already ask for payment?

Ah, missed the first time around. Let us know when you decide to accept preorders again!

Ah, missed the first time around. Let us know when you decide to accept preorders again!
Go ahead and add your name to the list in the first post. I consider preorders as kind of a rolling thing at this point. I can definitely accommodate you, it just might take a little longer as I work through those that are already on the list.

Back