World beer cup awards live streamed tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah is that how it is? No fun

ku-xlarge.gif

Iron Horse and Pelican for best small Brewery.

Do these beer contests have the judges try the samples blind? Or do they know what they're drinking?

Too many breweries don't even care to participate so you have to take the results pretty lightly.

Should be called, random beer awards.
Yeah... I'd like to see the actual entry list...

For instance, I think if Live Oak Brewing in Austin entered they'd totally Gold in the Hefeweizen category, IMHO. I get the feeling they don't give a F. Freetail Brewing in San Antonio also did not enter and I'd consider them the one of the finest producers of sour beers in the state.

Also consider that, when following BJCP practices to a T... some of our favorite beers (mine at least) don't conform to style guidelines... at all. LOL.

I just watched for 2 minutes and saw Hop Drop n Roll win best IPA. I've had it, it is very good. Would happily drink again, but I'd never say it was the best IPA.
yeah, it's a good IPA but I wouldn't even say it's the best IPA in NC. of course, it's all a matter of who actually entered what into the comp

Latest posts

Back