worst beer experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beatification last year. being told when i'm near the front of the regular line that the bottle only line will be much faster, then not moving a step for over an hour after switching lines. rampant line cutting. an abysmally organized event. it really lowered my opinion of russian river with their "who me?" attitude when it comes to beer releases.

The morning after a Thanksgiving in which I crushed 750s of Autumn Maple, Speedway, and Consecration all by myself thanks to no one in my family giving a **** about beer.
i imagine you enthusiastically bringing out the autumn maple announcing what a perfect pairing it is and imaging all your relatives saying "wow i didn't know beer could be like this! it's weird but it's really interesting!" and them hating it and you bitterly drinking every drop of that awful beer after doming the 2 good ones.

Mikkeller spontanwildstrawberry and it's not even close. Here's a review that sums it up.

"A whiff upon opening the bottle was all farts and sulfur and rotten eggs, funny thing is I had my gf take a whiff right after I did and she liked it, go figure. Upon the beer entering the glass I still smell sulfuric rotten eggs but also Brett essences and slight bits of fruity sweetness that almost makes me think strawberry syrup that they use in gum. My gf says that she can smell sour and strawberry, I think shes crazy. Now on to the taste, and its almost as interesting as the smell. There is a sulfuric farty egg flavor that sits right on my tongue and isnt helped by this rubber tire kind of flavor."

i imagine you enthusiastically bringing out the autumn maple announcing what a perfect pairing it is and imaging all your relatives saying "wow i didn't know beer could be like this! it's weird but it's really interesting!" and them hating it and you bitterly drinking every drop of that awful beer after doming the 2 good ones.
I actually enjoy Autumn Maple, but only like in 2oz tasters. I think I permanently ruined my tastebuds for all pumpkin/fall beers with that mess.

Was on a road trip through the midwest three years ago. Had a stop at Three Floyds on the agenda. On Labor Day. Closed. Total Wally World moment. Probably should have called to confirm that ahead of time.

Moose out front should have told ya.

th

Last year's winter solstice at Kuhnhenn.

Looks like they have made some improvements since then, hopefully this year will be a lot smoother.

I had a great time last year. Were you at a different brewery, or just mad cuz no BB Franch Toast?
Haha, didn't care about french toast. Just wasn't expecting to wait 6 hours for no beers. Had to go back up the next day to grab everything.

Haha, didn't care about french toast. Just wasn't expecting to wait 6 hours for no beers. Had to go back up the next day to grab everything.

Yeah I forgot about the wait thing. I got in early and spent all day getting sideways at da bar.

Will be back again for more $800 draft pours of Blueberry Eisbock.

I intentionally left a Corona on the roof of my building for a week to see what skunking really tastes like:
389512_10100692846801283_276223694_n.jpg

It's the bottle on the left which is obvious because the beer itself is actually bleached out. Tasted like musty sulfur. I had one sip, poured the rest. My kitchen smelled for the rest of the ****ing night from it going down the drain.

Drinking that god awful maple bacon liquid smoke from Rogue. I had the taste of charcoal in my mouth for the rest of the night. Actually, I'm willing to bet the coal from the BBQ would have tasted better than that crap.

Drinking that god awful maple bacon liquid smoke from Rogue. I had the taste of charcoal in my mouth for the rest of the night. Actually, I'm willing to bet the coal from the BBQ would have tasted better than that crap.
I legitimately don't understand how some people enjoy that beer. I've tasted uncut liquid smoke and it didn't taste as searingly bad as the Rogue Maple Bacon Doughnut. I tasted it at a New Year's Eve party and it literally made my tastebuds numb for the rest of the night.

The very last bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock 1995 I had that I opened earlier that year was the most putrid thing I've ever drank.

The cork crumbled (which was normal for this beer) and it tasted like sugar dumped into soy sauce with the odor of dead fish intermingling.

I had a '97 a few years back, and I actually kind of enjoyed it. We did have to run it through a coffee filter first, though.

I legitimately don't understand how some people enjoy that beer. I've tasted uncut liquid smoke and it didn't taste as searingly bad as the Rogue Maple Bacon Doughnut. I tasted it at a New Year's Eve party and it literally made my tastebuds numb for the rest of the night.

The crazy thing is, I hadn;t read any reviews on it. I mean bacon and maple together, how could that not be good. Yeah, Rogue found a way. I can honestly say, I have not had a Rogue beer since. They should be ashamed to release that toxic waste to the general public.

The crazy thing is, I hadn;t read any reviews on it. I mean bacon and maple together, how could that not be good. Yeah, Rogue found a way. I can honestly say, I have not had a Rogue beer since. They should be ashamed to release that toxic waste to the general public.

What I don't understand about these beers is that they're all 5-6% and they use amber/brown/etc. bases. If you're trying to recreate a sugary treat like a doughnut with all these wacky flavor profiles, wouldn't something heftier and richer make for a better base? I only had the maple bacon deal, but I'm guessing the rest had the same problems based on reviews.

beatification last year. being told when i'm near the front of the regular line that the bottle only line will be much faster, then not moving a step for over an hour after switching lines. rampant line cutting. an abysmally organized event. it really lowered my opinion of russian river with their "who me?" attitude when it comes to beer releases.

I must have been either right in front of you or right behind you. My experience exactly.

CCB Smoked Humidor English Style Stout was the worst I have had. Tasted like a cigar ashtray.

Waiting in line for the 3 Floyds anniversary party, and then waiting in line for Baller Stout, was a pretty terrible experience. I could follow that up with "and then drinking Baller Stout", but I seem to be in the minority of people who actually enjoyed it.

What I don't understand about these beers is that they're all 5-6% and they use amber/brown/etc. bases. If you're trying to recreate a sugary treat like a doughnut with all these wacky flavor profiles, wouldn't something heftier and richer make for a better base? I only had the maple bacon deal, but I'm guessing the rest had the same problems based on reviews.
Don't **** with the profit margins son.

Spending $35-$40 on a dozen or so barrel aged Three Floyds offerings.

Edit: The exception is Cognac Moloko hhhhnnnnnggggggggg

Back