Yankton, SD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpmchale32

Reaction score
i am moving to Yanton for 6 months for business. Is craft beer existent in SD? Anyone on here from around that are? Bringing plenty of bottles to drink by myself!

I was just in Yankton a few months back, and wasn't there for pleasure so wasn't actively seeking places out. But I think you'll be hard pressed finding anything amazing. There was one place right downtown that had a few decent offerings, they were definitely trying! In Sioux city IA, check out a cool place called The Diving Elk. A couple of ok places on Sioux Falls too. Depending on where you're coming from you may be in for some culture shock.

I was just in Yankton a few months back, and wasn't there for pleasure so wasn't actively seeking places out. But I think you'll be hard pressed finding anything amazing. There was one place right downtown that had a few decent offerings, they were definitely trying! In Sioux city IA, check out a cool place called The Diving Elk. A couple of ok places on Sioux Falls too. Depending on where you're coming from you may be in for some culture shock.

Did you happen to see/hear about anything about Saddle & Sickle brewing? I wonder if he has finally decided to expand? I heard great things about his homebrew. Jim, I think his name is.

Did you happen to see/hear about anything about Saddle & Sickle brewing? I wonder if he has finally decided to expand? I heard great things about his homebrew. Jim, I think his name is.
Last time I was in Yankton visiting family, I got Jim's contact info from a bar owner in town. Dude told me straight up "Don't bother coming out here".

I respected the man's wishes.

No. Was there for a funeral and really wasn't seeking **** out, but we did go downtown and hit a few bars, one of which had several taps.

I grew up an hour from Yankton, why the hell are you going there for 6 months? An uncle of mine is in the process of starting a brewery in the area, but still a ways off for sure.

Steer clear of the Cockatoo.

Sorry for the Delay! I had to go to Yankton for 6 months for work. Was set to leave in July and my company pulled a fast one on me and now I'm going to South Bend, IN. Much better location but now I need to find housing ASAP.

Back