You Know How I Know You're a Craft Beer Nut?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfy

Reaction score
I'm watching past episodes of Walking Dead on Netflix to get caught up, and in an episode where a group is inside a large store to get supplies, walkers start dropping through the crumbling roof. Carnage ensues, but I am watching the background where there are cases of Sweetwater IPA and Terrapin stacked high, thinking "What else would they have? I would grab some of that!".

giphy.gif

I was reading your post and saw "walkers start dropping through the crumbling roof" and immediately started to feel bad thinking FTowne might be involved with these dropping from the sky:

Walker_430.png

Guess I would have followed the story better had I ever seen the walking dead.

I'm watching past episodes of Walking Dead on Netflix to get caught up, and in an episode where a group is inside a large store to get supplies, walkers start dropping through the crumbling roof. Carnage ensues, but I am watching the background where there are cases of Sweetwater IPA and Terrapin stacked high, thinking "What else would they have? I would grab some of that!".

I see where you are going with this, OP...

I was watching castaway a while back and when Tom Hanks is picking up all the FedEx packages along the shore I hoped he would open a box to find some .rar lambic and adjunct stouts from a beer trade.

I too, had a similar moment... In that i was watching a film titled 'Drinking Buddies', and i could not concentrate on the two attractive female leads because there was a top 25 BeerAdvocate rated Zombie Dust beer in each scene! ISO!

You know how I know your a beer nerd? You obsess over the most inane minutiae in an attempt to justify your pathetic existence. Your daily routine consists of 99% staring in the void and wishing you could jump off the nearest skyscraper after doming a bottle of Black Tuesday and listening to a Creed/Matchbox20/ThirdEyeBlind mixtape from '02. You have no friends or family, acquaintances only mention you when they deride your fetishes for sticky libations and line-waiting. Your waist size is greater than 46, you are near-sighted, you think you can drive and probably believe in the theoretical value of things like democracy and fedoras. You are a member of a message board dedicated to finding similarly creepy bridge-dwellers who simultaneously uplift and denounce the idiosyncrasies of bottle limits and membership benefits. You know who John Wakefield, Trevor, Cory, and all the other awesome personalities are that make sharing the knowledge and beauty of craft beer with soccer moms and LARP-ing loners who haven't had the last ounce of willpower crushed out of them by having their 1-per-person allocated adjunct BA Quad Saison Dunkel hybrid break in transit with nothing but Upland lambics to replace it with, so great.

You know how I know youre a beer nerd? You didn't even read what I had taken time out to post on an internet forum but probably will like the post or one making fun of it anyway. Congrats, you are a ****ing Beer Nerd and you have a license to be the most insanely annoying and terrible person on the planet without repercussion.

You know how I know your a beer nerd? You obsess over the most inane minutiae in an attempt to justify your pathetic existence. Your daily routine consists of 99% staring in the void and wishing you could jump off the nearest skyscraper after doming a bottle of Black Tuesday and listening to a Creed/Matchbox20/ThirdEyeBlind mixtape from '02. You have no friends or family, acquaintances only mention you when they deride your fetishes for sticky libations and line-waiting. Your waist size is greater than 46, you are near-sighted, you think you can drive and probably believe in the theoretical value of things like democracy and fedoras. You are a member of a message board dedicated to finding similarly creepy bridge-dwellers who simultaneously uplift and denounce the idiosyncrasies of bottle limits and membership benefits. You know who John Wakefield, Trevor, Cory, and all the other awesome personalities are that make sharing the knowledge and beauty of craft beer with soccer moms and LARP-ing loners who haven't had the last ounce of willpower crushed out of them by having their 1-per-person allocated adjunct BA Quad Saison Dunkel hybrid break in transit with nothing but Upland lambics to replace it with, so great.

You know how I know youre a beer nerd? You didn't even read what I had taken time out to post on an internet forum but probably will like the post or one making fun of it anyway. Congrats, you are a ****ing Beer Nerd and you have a license to be the most insanely annoying and terrible person on the planet without repercussion.

Thank god my waist is only a size 40

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend

also *you're

Back