YOUNT

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by Thevicster, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Thevicster

Thevicster

Is this some new version of Winification? Why the different name?

2. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

[​IMG]

Current Hoarders Society members, get ready for this special beer coming to your December allocations on Monday!

Last year, we ventured into wine country and harvested Cabernet Sauvignon wine grapes from the Yountville American Viticultural Area of Napa Valley. After pressing the grapes, blending the must with our Black Tuesday imperial stout, and aging it in 100% New French Oak puncheons for nearly a year, we created Yount, a phenomenal hybrid that vanquishes the boundaries between wine and beer in a full-bodied foray with notes of cocoa, berries, cassis and soft tannins. It only felt right to bottle and cork Yount in elegant, high-shouldered wine bottles before putting on a label that embodies our blend of craft beer and fine wine.

Sounds similar to Wineification, but with a much more of a wine / grape must character than it. I personally enjoyed reading stakem's review on the other site even though I asked a buddy to order me a bottle from his Hoarders membership (thankfully I dropped that a couple of years ago).

ASUBeer, Thevicster and FTowne like this.
  3. FTowne

FTowne

Well, I really wanted to try this...until I read stakem 's review. Woof.

nanobrew, ASUBeer, KevSal and 2 others like this.
  4. Thevicster

Thevicster

Thanks. I'm not sure how more wineier Winification could become, one of the versions, maybe II but it's been a long time so I opened one, tasted completely like wine.

Podunkparte and ASUBeer like this.
  5. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

does this really need it's own thread?

Fingolfin, tosh and jdd419 like this.
  6. Thevicster

Thevicster

Is this not a place to ask questions?

Not sorry

nanobrew, Padraig, ASUBeer and 2 others like this.
  7. steimie

steimie

There's a thread for baseball caps...

8. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

Just doesnt seem like you actually care to acquire one.

Plus there was a discussion on it in the bruery thread. A simple search goes a long way.

Also bruery

9. tikk

tikk

Can someone copy pasta stakem's review here?

10. JulianB

JulianB

Id like to take this opportunity to deviate from my normal review format and tell you a little story. A beer as special as this deserves a unique circumstance.

About 7 years ago I got my first taste of a beer from this little known place called the Bruery. Black Tuesday absolutely knocked my tits off. If only I could get a bottle. Wait...all you gotta do is become a member of their society and every year you can buy multiple bottles?! Holy shit, where do I sign up!

Membership status was later acquired, thousands of dollars spent on bottles, styrofoam shippers and fedex shipping charges. I would arrive at bottle shares with these unfamiliar liquids and like the Metallica song, I was the fucking hero of the day. Noone in our group had experienced brews of such magnitude and deliciousness. How the hell is a single brewery producing this many fantastic beers? Everything they make is so great, take all my money and give me the max of everything you will allow me to purchase!

But little did we know that times were changing and ideas were stewing down at the Bruery head quarters. Sours could no longer just be sour, they needed to be so intense they inflict pain upon the indulgent. And their other beers changed too... their classic example of a Berliner Weisse called Hottenroth was an iconic example of the style in which other berliners would be measured against. However, that wasnt good enough, things needed to change - it needed to become more face ripping sour with adjuncts and foeders and price increase oh my! Dare I say, Black Tuesday didnt even need to be black anymore but a mere dark brown was OK. Other flavor arrangements were made, some think tank really was griding their gears - ah ha lets start making things that mimic cocktails and taste nothing like beer. Brilliant! And then things that never should be started getting sour and wild.

Now, in their most glorious attempt at saving face - they have this wine facination. It really started showing itself with wineification, vindictive and now yount. From the onset, a beer that truly tasted like a grape version of black tuesday to now a mess of a wine which you would expect to be served from a box.

Yount is the perfect beer to showcase exactly how a brewery can have an identity crisis and completely lose track of who they are. This beer is described as black tuesday with skins and must of grapes - yet nearly nothing about Black Tuesday remains in this liquid other than its fresh solvent kick of harsh alcohol coupled with raw, over-oaked tannins, bitterness and balsamic vinegar.

This beer was advertised as being the beer everyone wants but only we the hoarders can get. What a crock of shit. Thank the lord I didnt give in an buy any of the extra bottles that were offered to us. For $49.99 (pre-discount) they should be ashamed of themselves. I hope everyone who wants to try this gets a chance and can be half as disappointed as I am.

nanobrew, PHBoiler, CSO and 13 others like this.
  11. Thevicster

Thevicster

I'm not sure where you'd get that impression. I actually like bruery beers, at least the big stouts. If the beer is good id like to try it, one person doesn't care for it, I get that. Curiosity, etc, ymmv.

ASUBeer likes this.
  12. KevSal

KevSal

hey! i actually really liked winification 3! whatever they did for wine3 they should done that again for hoarders

hopefully i like yount, getting pretty nervous to try it

ASUBeer likes this.
  13. stakem

stakem

Yount is not like any of the wineifications or vindictives that at least have traces of black tuesday left to them. Yount is very similar to Turo which was their other still release with fermented must. However, turo was a sour and this is just a boozy, over-oaked wine.

Im not a wine drinker but those who are might enjoy Yount.

The Bruery has said since they first released the original wineification that they intended to blur the lines of beer and wine. Well, they certainly not only accomplished that but stepped well over the boundaries with Yount.

luwak, PHBoiler, JulianB and 9 others like this.