Your Beer Wishlist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessSloth

Reaction score
What's on your beer wishlist? It can be that beer you're picking up locally next week, or that whale you're looking to harpoon like it's an obese person riding a scooter not because they're disabled.

For me, it's Vietnamese and Barrel-Aged Speedway Stouts, and a case of Adam to set aside for long term aging/drinking. Once I get those last 3 things, I'm out of the trading game for well into next year.

I'm going to be slaying my biggest whale (Old Nuptial from COAST) in two weeks as I'll be getting married October 12th. It will be my celebratory beer the night before. After that it's all about cool locals for me. I have no feels for the whale game anymore.

A lot of "small fish" (I think?): New Glarus, Surly IPAs, Jack's Abbey, Funkwerks Saison, Swamphead's Saison du Swamp, Ale Apothecary, De Garde, Logsdon Seizon Bretta, Scratch Brewing growlers, more saisons/maybe an IPA or two from Grassroots/HF.

I never have, and probably never will get in on the whale game. Always happy to try new(to me) high ABV stouts and generally anything good that comes in a can. Simple old man is simple.
send this man all the barleywines (just not sucaba, he likes them all but that one)

Reuben beer. Rye, umami, salt, funk…
take-the-key-to-my-heart.jpg

BVDL is my biggest one. Fou Foune is right up there but I have a bottle of it I'm going to open in January after running my first marathon. King Henry and Rare would both be nice to try but I'm not going to sweat it at all if I never get to.

Nowadays my list is slowly starting to dwindle down to whales that are really hard to procure, but there are still a few that might be a little easier to get:

-LaBleu
-Blackberry Petite Sour
-Cable Car
-Cable Car Kriek
-Mimosa
-Izzy
-Don Q
-Soleil De Minuit

What's on your beer wishlist? It can be that beer you're picking up locally next week, or that whale you're looking to harpoon like it's an obese person riding a scooter not because they're disabled.

For me, it's Vietnamese and Barrel-Aged Speedway Stouts, and a case of Adam to set aside for long term aging/drinking. Once I get those last 3 things, I'm out of the trading game for well into next year.

I just picked up my 4 bottles of vss and will be back in Houston soon. I'd imagine you have something ft that I want.

Nowadays my list is slowly starting to dwindle down to whales that are really hard to procure, but there are still a few that might be a little easier to get:

-LaBleu
-Blackberry Petite Sour
-Cable Car
-Cable Car Kriek
-Mimosa
-Izzy
-Don Q
-Soleil De Minuit

Only had LeBleu from that list and it was stellar.

Mine right now is short and sweet:

Adam from the Wood
Matt
Lou Pepe Gueuze and Framboise
Framboos

I'm sure it'll be different in a week.

Only had LeBleu from that list and it was stellar.

Mine right now is short and sweet:

Adam from the Wood
Matt
Lou Pepe Gueuze and Framboise
Framboos

I'm sure it'll be different in a week.
If you're local, I'll open the Adam from the wood with you. And I get Lou Pepe's every few months. Can share that too

If you're local, I'll open the Adam from the wood with you. And I get Lou Pepe's every few months. Can share that too

I'm in Dallas. I will have Vietnamese and BA Speedway soon in case you don't lock a trade, so I could contribute those to a mini-mega tasting.

I'm in Dallas. I will have Vietnamese and BA Speedway soon in case you don't lock a trade, so I could contribute those to a mini-mega tasting.
I'm hosting a whale/whale-ish tasting in late October or early November. Maybe then. We'll have fantasia, beatification, bourbon vanilla dark lord, and bourbon county vanilla to name a few

Deschutes Abyss & HF Twilight of the Idols are my big ones, along with Olde Hickory The Event Horizon (because I love that damn movie). I know Abyss has its detractors, but it's been a want since I got into craft, along with Black Note, but AJDePaul took care of the Black Note when he broke my trade cherry.

Deschutes Abyss & HF Twilight of the Idols are my big ones, along with Olde Hickory The Event Horizon (because I love that damn movie). I know Abyss has its detractors, but it's been a want since I got into craft, along with Black Note, but AJDePaul took care of the Black Note when he broke my trade cherry.

I'm pretty sure Chicago will be getting the Abyss this year, so keep an eye out. I've traded BCBS/BCBCS for all three of those beers, too, so stock up on that this year and you should have zero problems getting the others. I personally liked all three better than Black Note, but my palate is weird so YMMV.

I'm pretty sure Chicago will be getting the Abyss this year, so keep an eye out. I've traded BCBS/BCBCS for all three of those beers, too, so stock up on that this year and you should have zero problems getting the others. I personally liked all three better than Black Note, but my palate is weird so YMMV.

Thanks for the advice jakeox. I've been hoping we get Abyss this year.

No, but seriously, Allagash Mattina Rossa. Happily, there's like 16 barrels of it going right now, and apparently, per an Allagash rep I spoke with recently, it's going to go to distro when it's ready.

Back