Your home wet/dry bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_bleeder

Reaction score
I searched for this thread but couldn't find it, so I am making it. Think this is the appropriate forum for it.

As much as I like seeing your guys' toaster ovens, love seeing your gun p0rn (what real man doesn't:p) and am curious of your reuben pictures, I want to see the bar in your man cave/home.

I'll start ;). It was kinda messy and plenty dusty when I snapped the pics but oh well:

XoNjEhL.jpg

Ta35kyw.jpg

G67WfME.jpg

iUoREIO.jpg

J8BcO6K.jpg

Western/cowboy/saloon thing going on. Wife is the decorator of the house. I will concede to her as long as it looks like this. :cool: In our basement. I built it all from scratch (with my craftsman cousin's input).

I searched for this thread but couldn't find it, so I am making it. Think this is the appropriate forum for it.

As much as I like seeing your guys' toaster ovens, love seeing your gun p0rn (what real man doesn't:p) and am curious of your reuben pictures, I want to see the bar in your man cave/home.

I'll start ;). It was kinda messy and plenty dusty when I snapped the pics but oh well:

XoNjEhL.jpg

Ta35kyw.jpg

G67WfME.jpg

iUoREIO.jpg

J8BcO6K.jpg

Western/cowboy/saloon thing going on. Wife is the decorator of the house. I will concede to her as long as it looks like this. :cool: In our basement. I built it all from scratch (with my craftsman cousin's input).
I'm sorry, I am far from picky about decor, but I cannot like those curtains and shelf concealing fabric.
UV on the top shelf is classy though.

Nice thread, i'm in the process of doing my own basement man cave right now. we bought the house and this part of the basement had block wall, broken/rotting stairs, concrete floor with shittily removed carpet (so covered with about 1/4 inch of ****ing glue), 1 outlet and water problems... Here's where i've gotten so far, i've done it all myself except the drywall. I plan on finishing and staining the Bar this weekend, and doing the trim next weekend. Then Bar top and ceiling tiles and it's open for business! Here's the current progress:
11946346773_cbd0fcf32a.jpg

The kegerator works (FBS and BCBS on now, picking up Headhunter and a new belgium sour today)... and yes the brass around the fireplace has to go.

Sorry. I'm a poor. We don't have these.
I'm old, I've saved, I did it myself. Your time will come.

Nice thread, i'm in the process of doing my own basement man cave right now. we bought the house and this part of the basement had block wall, broken/rotting stairs, concrete floor with shittily removed carpet (so covered with about 1/4 inch of ****ing glue), 1 outlet and water problems... Here's where i've gotten so far, i've done it all myself except the drywall. I plan on finishing and staining the Bar this weekend, and doing the trim next weekend. Then Bar top and ceiling tiles and it's open for business! Here's the current progress:
11946346773_cbd0fcf32a.jpg

The kegerator works (FBS and BCBS on now, picking up Headhunter and a new belgium sour today)... and yes the brass around the fireplace has to go.

Very nice. Keep us posted. Would love to see progress pics. Wish I would have done that myself.

I can't begin to express all my jelly. I have a 928sq ft house and we can't have basements in my area....so I'll just continue to look at these pics and dream.

Garage bar? :)

well anytime you are in Indiana (you know, after about 3 more weeks) feel free to stop by! There's always an open couch/snifter here for any good talkbeerer

Garage bar? :)

well anytime you are in Indiana (you know, after about 3 more weeks) feel free to stop by! There's always an open couch/snifter here for any good talkbeerer

I don't even have a garage :-(

Best I can do is a 10x10 shed in the back yard. But spiders live there so it is dead to me.

Will-do... here's some more pics if you care to check them out, i'll try to find some of the actual "before" when there was no frame or anything.

That would be awesome! That looks very nice. Looks like you laid a pergo type laminate? That's what I did. How do you like it? What are your plans for shelves?

That would be awesome! That looks very nice. Looks like you laid a pergo type laminate? That's what I did. How do you like it? What are your plans for shelves?
Thanks for the compliments man, it's been months of work.

The floor was interesting, pretty cheap stuff (it was laminate, but like lock-in board about 3/8 in thick instead of the thin/flexi stuff), but once you got the hang of it it went in really quick, laid about 500 sqr ft in maybe 4-5 hours. It's laying pretty flat (the floor wasn't close to level as you can see on the bar shims) and the seems are tight, so would bang again i suppose.

For shelves, i'll probably do some simple glass/liquor bottle shelves behind the bar (i also have a giant ass mirror that was left in the house), and big shelves in the other, unfinished room for bottle storage.

Sorry. I'm a poor. We don't have these.

Having some extra cash definitely helps, but the other part is doing it yourself and working so slow that you don't outpace the budget! Lots of little steps don't hurt nearly as bad as one big one, stretch it out over a year or two and it gets more realistic.

ridglens You got an update on yours?!? Thought I saw that somewhere....

been slow going, beer drinking getting in the way. I did get most of the trim up on the walls, and the bar is trimmed. I also stained and replaced all of the stair tread and risers. It still looks rough, i'll post more "finished" pics in a couple weeks when it doesn't look like a construction zone.

I did land a nice TV and full-motion wall mount during the superbowl sales, though.... so I've got that goin for me, which is nice.

Sorry man, it's been really slow... other "house work" coming into play now. will hopefully be able to post some work in a couple weeks.

I guess some progress being made is the keg killing. Worked through a 1/4 of Breakfast Stout, a 1/6 of Headhunter, and probably about half through both 1/4 All Day IPA and and 1/6 La Folie.

For serial though, after experiencing how easy it is and how much money it frees up, i would recommend a kegerator to EVERYONE that is semi-serious about drinking beer and routinely buys a couple "go-to" beers. If you were just doing the keezer (and not the major renovation / bar around it), you could probably get it done for <$250 and an afternoon. And beer by the keg is a lot cheaper, especially for some things.

Back