Zwanze Day 2014: The thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaWatchman

Reaction score
"Dear friends, the Zwanze Day 2014 will take place on Saturday 20/09/2014 at 21.00 Brussels time. The list of participant bars will follow in the coming week. Cheers !"

10491277_775691549149490_2599692491244157266_n.jpg

No official confirmation yet on the beer or the places, but hopefully something fairly close to everyone who really wants to go!

That's what you get for being that guy who has a Fall wedding.

LYMI.

I'm just happy it's not on the day of a Rutgers home game. Somehow I've lucked out with Fall commitments not being the same day as home games

Unless locations change, I'll probably skip WLV and drive down to Louisville for this. I'm just not cut out for the Chicago big time, plus it gives me an excuse to hit up the bourbon trail.

I'm just happy it's not on the day of a Rutgers home game. Somehow I've lucked out with Fall commitments not being the same day as home games
Man, that's on Stanford's bye week. Awesomesauce. Hopefully they do it at RR and Mikkeller like last year to give me options. But it'd be hard to beat Akkurat...

Have to schedule a work trip to Texas soon, may have to schedule it before that weekend and pay Touch_My_BrettSacch a visit to attend at Jester King, otherwise it will be the decision of a relaxed, easy Zwanze at Alewife or a packed Zwanze at Spuytin probably with some crazy bottles or drafts on...

I'm going to whatever place has FF on tap.

Excellent. Fingers crossed we see it in Vancouver again this year.

Can anyone confirm the rumors that this year's zwanze is a blend of 3yr old iris and kriek that's been further dry hopped?

Have to schedule a work trip to Texas soon, may have to schedule it before that weekend and pay Touch_My_BrettSacch a visit to attend at Jester King, otherwise it will be the decision of a relaxed, easy Zwanze at Alewife or a packed Zwanze at Spuytin probably with some crazy bottles or drafts on...
I think you mean "Alewife was packed to the gills, no one could get any beer, all they had on draft was bud light lime and it was a terrible time. NO ONE SHOULD GO THERE"

Can anyone confirm the rumors that this year's zwanze is a blend of 3yr old iris and kriek that's been further dry hopped?

It is the Cuvee Florian, the same beer that Jean blended for his son's 18th birthday. It's a blend of 3 year old Iris and Kriek that was lightly dry hopped with Brambing Cross hops.

It is the Cuvee Florian, the same beer that Jean blended for his son's 18th birthday. It's a blend of 3 year old Iris and Kriek that was lightly dry hopped with Brambing Cross hops.

Still hasn't been confirmed by the brewery.

Weekend at Akkurat: BOOKED.

Misc info: So I was at Zwanze Day in London in '12, first year the event had a London venue. And the venue was - and still is - the Earl of ****ing Essex??? I mean, it's a great pub, but why they hell are THEY hosting Zwanze Day and not Craft Beer Co, The Rake, Cask or The White Horse? Still, I was not complaining - Earl of Essex was a 15 min walk from my house...

Hmm... I might be on a bachelor party in northern Michigan that weekend. Hoping it gets bumped to the 27th...

Latest posts

Back