Zwanze Day 2015: The Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaWatchman

Reaction score
"Dear Zwanzeurs, Zwanze Day 2015 will take place on Saturday 19th September. A locations list and information about the beer will follow next week. Merci to our friend Jean Goovaerts for the nice label."

19029_962927277092582_1179480023223444359_n.jpg

Hopefully Gene can edit this OP when the venues are announced. Jean said last week to us that he is still working on possibly confirming/adding some additional places, but no word on where/what country.

Last edited:
likely my niece's bday party... hoping they pick the following weekend

Another wedding conflict here as well, but I don't have lots of interest in trying this one unlike last year's I missed due to another wedding that I would have loved to try.

I was worried my wedding was going to be that day, but it's the weekend after. I might actually be able to make it this year. :cool:
If this is the week before your wedding, then you're not going to be going. Well, unless you fiancee keeps you on an exceptionally long leash with beer stuff. But even if not, there's just too much **** going on.

If this is the week before your wedding, then you're not going to be going. Well, unless you fiancee keeps you on an exceptionally long leash with beer stuff. But even if not, there's just too much **** going on.
:(
You are probably right.

And I'm sure Seattle will get snubbed again.

Brouwers handled Zwanze 2013 so incredibly well, too. Totally not a **** show in any fashion.

Would you believe they still have 2014 glasses for sale at the brewery?

I STILL have 4, lol. Damnit.
yeah and i'm still gonna need one regardless because i love JK. i'll tell you one thing i'm happy they stuck with the same design of the jester as the drinking man now if they can just make it black or gold and not practically invisible this time i'm sure it will be nice!

Well that is the (kinda) premise to the first Hangover movie.

Zwanze day falls on the same day as my wedding anniversary this year instead of just the same weekend. I nonchalantly mentioned it to my wife (not expecting much of a reaction other than her rolling her eyes) and she actually asked if I would take her along to witness one of these beer nerd events.

I have so many mixed feels right now. Each zwanze day I have attended has always been at Monks. I cannot imagine taking her there but I guess the envitonment will be similar regardless of where we would go.

Zwanze day falls on the same day as my wedding anniversary this year instead of just the same weekend. I nonchalantly mentioned it to my wife (not expecting much of a reaction other than her rolling her eyes) and she actually asked if I would take her along to witness one of these beer nerd events.

I have so many mixed feels right now. Each zwanze day I have attended has always been at Monks. I cannot imagine taking her there but I guess the envitonment will be similar regardless of where we would go.

This is why you plan a nice long vacation out of it and go to one of the far-flung Zwanze days like the one in Spain or Scotland. Win/win.

I've been to avenue pub every single Zwanze Day. This year, Polly had something special planned for us five-year-club members.

But a really good friend chose that day as his wedding day. So I'll have to miss my first Zwanze...

Not official from Cantillon but Shelton just announced Side Project Cellar as a location.

No Cory King bringing unlabeled bottles of yet-to-be-released beers to WLV this year :(

But it isn't laid out as stupidly.
It isn't? RB has seating for like 40 people, Mikkeller's bar probably beats the whole of RB. Also RB's bathroom is smaller.

I really, truly, cannot understand why you'd think Zwanze would be better at RB than Mikkeller. Zwanze last year at Mikkeller was actually really smooth.

Back