10th Annual Hell With The Lid Off Barleywine Festival - Pittsburgh,PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed that it was $75 this year. That seems like a steep increase from the past. I last went three years ago. You pretty much get to drink all the barleywine you want. They usually group stuff in "flights" to ease the ordering burden on the staff.

Honestly I balked at paying $75 for Big Pour, so I doubt I'd do the same to get crunked on Barleywine in a crowded bar.

Do they serve anything decent or is it all normal shelf things like Mouflan and Ruffian?

Do they serve anything decent or is it all normal shelf things like Mouflan and Ruffian?

Mostly vintage shelf stuff, at least when I went. In the past they've had kegs of vintage Gratitude, but I'm guessing its just bottles now.

I have gone the past 4 years and this is the first year I am not. I really love barleywines and the event but the beer is pretty typical each year and is 75% shelf stuff thats in distro here. The price tag this year is a bit steep, but they may make it better sine it is under new management. We are throwing a barleywine fest on 2/16. DM me if you would like info and invited to convo we have going on the other site.

Back