1953 Coronation Ale - Mitchells & Butlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Reaction score
Just picked one of these up on eBay UK. Can't seem to find any reviews. Anyone had a chance to tick this one?

yGE2rwU.jpg

Also thinking about picking up a 1911 H & G Simonds Coronation Ale. Any tidbits on that bottle would be appreciated as well.

Trady did according to untappd

I love old beer but this envoking my gag reflex.
dfclav shared one with our Gang Bang team a few years back, I got the last pour out of the bottle (had all the nice yeast crusties). It was pretty far gone in oxidation, but not really offensive to drink, even if I got the **** pour.

Trady did according to untappd

I love old beer but this envoking my gag reflex.

dfclav shared one with our Gang Bang team a few years back, I got the last pour out of the bottle (had all the nice yeast crusties). It was pretty far gone in oxidation, but not really offensive to drink, even if I got the **** pour.

I certainly don't have any expectations about the taste. These super-old beers are all about the experience for me - I think it's cool to consume something that was made so long ago.

I think this may be a different beer than the one Trady had (or maybe it's the same beer but brewed by a different brewery - will have to do a bit more research).

Just picked one of these up on eBay UK. Can't seem to find any reviews. Anyone had a chance to tick this one?

yGE2rwU.jpg

Also thinking about picking up a 1911 H & G Simonds Coronation Ale. Any tidbits on that bottle would be appreciated as well.

We should proper it in authentic 1953 Coronation glassware
hM27JbY.jpg

We should proper it in authentic 1953 Coronation glassware
hM27JbY.jpg

Lemme know next time you are in LA and I'm in.

How was that '35 Jubilee Ale? Still have a bottle of that I need to open as well.

I certainly don't have any expectations about the taste. These super-old beers are all about the experience for me - I think it's cool to consume something that was made so long ago.

I think this may be a different beer than the one Trady had (or maybe it's the same beer but brewed by a different brewery - will have to do a bit more research).
You don't know me

Back