2013 KBS.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mkelly315

Reaction score
.... doesn't taste nearly as good as last years. Last years KBS blew the nips off my man-boobs the instant it hit my lips. The bottle I cracked open a few days ago didn't have the same umph. It was less sweet, and tasted more like regular breakfast stout than a gift from the beer gods.

Don't get me wrong, it was still superb, but I was bothered by the fact that it didn't re-blow my mind. Has anyone cracked open a 13 that can confirm I'm not cracked in the head?

Did a 12 / 13 vintage back to back, 12 at a year in the cellar had more bourbon then the 13, the coffee chocolate blend in 13 is awesome though, but I like a bit more bourbon kick to my KBS so I enjoyed my 12 more.

BTW, CBS isnt good as of an hour ago.

Damn! Really? I'm going to email founders and ask them to put a "drink from bottle" label on the bottles so that no one else suffers from DCBSFLFOB. (Dreaded Canadian Breakfast Stout Flavor Loss From Opening Bottle) Works for Heady Topper, right?

Damn! Really? I'm going to email founders and ask them to put a "drink from bottle" label on the bottles so that no one else suffers from DCBSFLFOB. (Dreaded Canadian Breakfast Stout Flavor Loss From Opening Bottle) Works for Heady Topper, right?
Not like I'm the one who held onto the bottle for a year and a half too long....

perhaps if it was taped then waxed?

Back