2014 GI stout fest??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who else is going to this? Anyone have any other info?

Stealing info from Twitter and "other" sites:

PDUBS will be pouring:

Gerrit's Weirdo Smoked Stout

Chai Dog Imperial Milk Stout

Coffee Break Abduction Imperial Stout

Mint Truffle Abduction Imperial Stout

Half Acre:
  • Baumé
  • Chocolate Camaro
  • Big Hugs
  • Triple Smoked Barrel Aged Chubstep

Had to work last year...this is one i've never been to so I'm excites to see. Pretty sure we bumped it at DDay though.
i'll be there. first stout fest ever. pumped.
Third one for me (I think). Prepare for lots of variants of Bourbon County and the taps never run dry :eek:

Are you talking about the intentionally soured Napa County stout or the sweet garbage they released last year? Old Max was one of Laffler's greatest accidental variant that and Blueberry BCS is another favorite from the past...

Are you talking about the intentionally soured Napa County stout or the sweet garbage they released last year? Old Max was one of Laffler's greatest accidental variant that and Blueberry BCS is another favorite from the past...

Not the garbage last year. The variant from two years ago (Stout Fest 2012). I didn't think it was intentionally soured though? Had a nice red wine smoothness over the roasted and chocolate fudge notes.

Not the garbage last year. The variant from two years ago (Stout Fest 2012). I didn't think it was intentionally soured though? Had a nice red wine smoothness over the roasted and chocolate fudge notes.

You could be right, it might have been the large quantity of Old Max that I consumed mixed with the tannins from the red wine. Either way, it was awesome, I for one am not much of a BCS guy anymore, although I did get to try some of the experimental batches for last year's Proprieters Blend and I hope they actually release the serrano pepper version and the mint...

You could be right, it might have been the large quantity of Old Max that I consumed mixed with the tannins from the red wine. Either way, it was awesome, I for one am not much of a BCS guy anymore, although I did get to try some of the experimental batches for last year's Proprieters Blend and I hope they actually release the serrano pepper version and the mint...

Still holding out hope we'll see Ghost Pepper one day. That Keg at WLV a few years back was something else...

Is the list normally this secretive ala FOBAB? Never been, just hoping to crush BCBCS for a couple of hours.

There's usually more hints from all the mediocre breweries trying to pimp their flaccid penis stouts, but it has been surprisingly quiet so far this year. I really have no ****s to give though as I doubt I'll be leaving the GI Fulton/brewpubs tables for very long regardless of what else is there.

There's usually more hints from all the mediocre breweries trying to pimp their flaccid penis stouts, but it has been surprisingly quiet so far this year. I really have no ****s to give though as I doubt I'll be leaving the GI Fulton/brewpubs tables for very long regardless of what else is there.

Will box out strong as ****. On that Mutumbo power squat game.

You'll have to get past me...I have much old man strength, and sharp elbows.

SgtKmT2.gif

nuthulu was the hands down best beer there. biggest surprise in a good way was 18th street BA hunter, which was the best 'unflavoured' stout i had all day. biggest disappointments were that destihl cognac thing, that terrible 'ego suicide' from the above photo (completely ruined by overwhelming orange peel) and pig minds' "wild stout" which tasted totally like an unintentionally lacto infected batch of a not terribly great stout.

won't be going next year. i could have drank nuthulhu all day, but i realized very quickly that drinking dozens of the exact same style beers is kind of boring and palate fatiguing, even when some of the beers (BA hunter) were very well made.

HNNNNG Old Max was fantastic...Was that Stoutfest 2011? That beer was amazing.

Mean while.... No line for prop and bcbcs all day.

Let's be honest GI InBev really **** the bed today while the brewpubs brought the heat. This is their big event of the year to drop experimental batches of bcbs. The excuse I heard was "not enough time or people." Anyways thats my little I'm entitled rant

All in all though it was a nice event. Got to see some friends I don't get to see very often. If you missed elkhunter36 you weren't looking :p

Last edited:
nuthulu was the hands down best beer there. biggest surprise in a good way was 18th street BA hunter, which was the best 'unflavoured' stout i had all day. biggest disappointments were that destihl cognac thing, that terrible 'ego suicide' from the above photo (completely ruined by overwhelming orange peel) and pig minds' "wild stout" which tasted totally like an unintentionally lacto infected batch of a not terribly great stout.

won't be going next year. i could have drank nuthulhu all day, but i realized very quickly that drinking dozens of the exact same style beers is kind of boring and palate fatiguing, even when some of the beers (BA hunter) were very well made.
So you went to an event called Stoutfest and weren't prepared to drink stouts the whole time. I'm confused. What did you expect?

So you went to an event called Stoutfest and weren't prepared to drink stouts the whole time. I'm confused. What did you expect?

it's not like i didn't expect it, but i didn't expect palate fatigue to set in and to get so tired of them so quickly. it's a commentary on my feelings on my personal experience at the fest and not saying 'hey you're dumb if you want to drink stouts for four hours.' i really just wanted some kind of non-stout palate cleanser.

Back