2015 Bourbon County releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBP

Reaction score
The 2015 Bourbon County variants have been announced on Instagram. The new bottle shape has also been shown.

Rare 2015: aged in 30yr Heaven Hill bourbon barrels

Proprietors 2015: maple, toasted pecan, guaillopeppers

Regal Rye: aged in rye barrels with blackberries, Luxardo candied cherries, fresh sour cherries, and sea salt

Coffee: Intelligentsia Los Delirioscoffee from Nicaragua

Barleywine: aged in third-use bourbon barrels that once held BCBS.

All variants and regular will be in the new 16.9oz bottles.

Personally, on one hand I'm glad the variants will get spread a bit further with the smaller bottles, but I am not a fan of putting regular BCBS in those bottles. A 12oz is the perfect serving size.

I hope people stick to their word and boycott this atrocity.

More for me to buy.

I'm definitely going to buy some but unlikely to stock up like I did last year unless the price on regular/barleywine is about the same per ounce (which I'm not counting on).

Looking forward to the **** show that Rare causes. The FIB War Room is going to be required reading on Black Friday.

ISO: Rare

FT:

200w_d.gif

Both of them go at least one adjunct further than necessary.

"How about maple and pecans for Proprietor's? It's a classic dessert combo that should work well."

"Okay, but let's add a bunch of peppers just because we ****ing can!"
They test batch something like 40 variants before choosing. Enough people liked this combo I guess.

Both of them go at least one adjunct further than necessary.

"How about maple and pecans for Proprietor's? It's a classic dessert combo that should work well."

"Okay, but let's add a bunch of peppers just because we ****ing can!"
If they made something more Huna-esque I'd be all for it, but **** this ****.

Oh **** that's not good for Philly. BCBS was already $10 a bottle in a lot of places. Am I going to see $15 now? Hopefully my friends will be able to get a case otherwise I guess I'll go another year only drinking it on draft at a couple places.

edit: I'm sure they did the bottle change in order to be able to charge more without getting as much flack for it though. BCBS has always been super cheap compared to all other barrel aged offerings and I'm sure Goose hated that.

This move screams big corporate marketing teams.
I guess it's possible. We'll never know really. Without being fully bought out, they wouldn't be making nearly as much BCBS either so we'd have other issues. But yes I'm sure this will be most people's fallback position.

Regarding pricing:

Goose Island Rare Bourbon County Brand Stout

A return to one of Goose’s most legendary beers. The first incarnation of Rare Bourbon County was aged for two years in 23-year-old Pappy Van Winkle barrels. This time, the beer sat for two years in 35-year-old Heaven Hill barrels that brewery lucked into acquiring.

Siegel called the beer is “an extra-oaky” version of BCBS. Don’t expect to see it again.

“I’m not saying we’ll do another Rare anytime soon,” he said. “It was a windfall opportunity, and nothing we could plan for.”

Gee, we've never heard that before!

I guess it's possible. We'll never know really. Without being fully bought out, they wouldn't be making nearly as much BCBS either so we'd have other issues. But yes I'm sure this will be most people's fallback position.
GI was already pretty big, they could've easily done this without AB.

They need to fire any employees directly associated with designing and/or implementing the new bottle/label. The old bottles were appealing to the eye, they had a sleek look to them with the labeling. These are ****ing stupid. Why not just use the 500ml bottles with the same labels, such as what HF does?

Also, what's up with the mug that dude holding the bottle is giving? Holy **** does he look proud of that bottle or what.

They need to fire any employees directly associated with designing and/or implementing the new bottle/label. The old bottles were appealing to the eye, they had a sleek look to them with the labeling. These are ****ing stupid. Why not just use the 500ml bottles with the same labels, such as what HF does?

Also, what's up with the mug that dude holding the bottle is giving? Holy **** does he look proud of that bottle or what.

This is what, the third or fourth redesign for this bottle? Black Friday 2016 is going to feature variants with throwback labels and bottled in nips.

This is what, the third or fourth redesign for this bottle? Black Friday 2016 is going to feature variants with throwback labels and bottled in nips.

Then after the throwback labels we get BCBS bottles designed to look like a plain white tee.

In reference to the new "edgy" bottle style, i say:

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T ****IN' FIX IT.

This is what pisses me off. We live in such an ADHD, short attention spanned style culture, that everything from ****ing bottles of BCBS to toilet paper, need to be redesigned every some odd years. Jesus christ.

I'm mad at the fact that this makes me so mad now.

Back