Everywhere 2016 Bourbon County releases

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hearing through the unreliable grapevine (distributor-to-store-to me triple hearsay, internet crap chatter, etc.) that it's going to be a much smaller release than last year. One reason I saw floated (no evidence to back it up, but at least plausible) was needing to source all-new barrels post infection issues or something along those lines.

I do know that, at least on the initial run, my local store said they are getting a lot less than last year. But it's also possible ABInBev is making reductions asymmetrically, market-wise.
Need to cut product in primary markets to take on distro to Kodiak Island and Guam.

Hearing through the unreliable grapevine (distributor-to-store-to me triple hearsay, internet crap chatter, etc.) that it's going to be a much smaller release than last year. One reason I saw floated (no evidence to back it up, but at least plausible) was needing to source all-new barrels post infection issues or something along those lines.

I do know that, at least on the initial run, my local store said they are getting a lot less than last year. But it's also possible ABInBev is making reductions asymmetrically, market-wise.
Need to cut product in primary markets to take on distro to Kodiak Island and Guam.
In all seriousness, my area saw lower allocations last year in favor of every grocery store having it. Could be happening all over - sounds very Goose Island to do

Infection or screwing over local bottle shops. Whatever it is, ABinbev is really fucking up BCBS at a rapid pace.

Yeah the idea that it's ABInbev's fault that the beers got infected is hilarious.
Haven't the barrel house masters left GI since the buy out occurred?

I was thinking it was a skill/experience thing as opposed to the actual beer.

Haven't the barrel house masters left GI since the buy out occurred?

I was thinking it was a skill/experience thing as opposed to the actual beer.
oh, hmm, I don't actually know. Point taken though you may have wanted to say all of that instead of just generalizing blame on AB especially seeing as how GI was 30% by them since 2011.

I'm actually disappointed the barleywine is using straight 2nd use barrels. I always found its appeal was the mix of bourbon and bourbon county in the barleywine. This just makes it a boring bourbon barrel barleywine of which there are plenty.
Can we assume this is because they deemed the barrels infected cause of last year?

Just not taking any chances?

I will forever be far more annoyed with the over thought corporate marketing-y bottle format change than the infection scandal. The beer will be fixed, but these stupid fucking bottles aren't going anywhere.
annoying redesign of bottles to make $.002 more per oz... end up refunding retail price on about half of the entire year's products. Thanks Obama.

Latest posts