2018-19 TalkBeets Fantasy Hockey - Hits and Hauls

Help Support Talkbeer:

Yeah, his goalies are doing what mine did to Kraftster last week. Even if my goalies were average, I still wouldn't have beaten him in those categories.
In general it was a tough goalie year for me but this is not a bad time for them to figure it out.

Knew I couldn’t catch you in saves so stuck everyone on the bench. Ended up missing out on a 33 save shutout, a 27/28 win, and a 31/34 win

Congrats to you on winning the championship, sobeleg. No way I'm catching you. I had a path to potentially win yesterday, but my team's poor performance the first couple of days this matchup really doomed me.
Thanks! I won't celebrate until it's over, as there are quite a few categories that are still really close. It would be quite the comeback if you made it, but I've seen crazy happen. Couple years ago someone got an ENG with both the primary and secondary assists in the final game of the matchup to flip assists, points, and plus minus.

Thanks! I won't celebrate until it's over, as there are quite a few categories that are still really close. It would be quite the comeback if you made it, but I've seen crazy happen. Couple years ago someone got an ENG with both the primary and secondary assists in the final game of the matchup to flip assists, points, and plus minus.
I appreciate your humility, but yesterday was my last chance to win this matchup, and that didn't happen.

Though I'm bummed, I finished second to last last year, and dead last the year before that, so I will definitely take 1st in the regular season, and runner up in the playoffs.

Crazy close week, Beerologist. Good timing for my best offensive week of the year and to get a mellow week from Kuch and Wheeler (who I actually went up against in my other league as well!). Varly not getting the start allowed me to dodge what I expected would be an insanely anxious evening.

Crazy close week, Beerologist. Good timing for my best offensive week of the year and to get a mellow week from Kuch and Wheeler (who I actually went up against in my other league as well!). Varly not getting the start allowed me to dodge what I expected would be an insanely anxious evening.
Yeah - it was pretty close, but I'm a bit disappointed my team pretty much took a break this week. After winning the assists category the first 20 weeks I tied the first two rounds of playoffs and lost that stat in the final round. And to have Varlamov become the back up to Grubbauer in the final week was a big hit for goalie stats for me. Was really hoping he would play Sunday rather than Colorado giving Grubbauer back to back starts. Overall it was a great season and I'm looking forward to next year.

Congrats to all the winners! I'll get shipping info and a timeline for boxes out to everyone this week.

Ha, I looked on your Untappd and didn’t see Better Half on there so figured I’d toss one in just in case that was accurate. Enjoy! That Triangular Nature is a great first country beer from Suarez!
My Untapped is notoriously inaccurate. I sometimes go long stretches of not really checking much in.

Looking forward to that Suarez!

Latest posts