US - Pacific 2018 Membership drop/renewal

Help Support Talkbeer:

Keeping the Casey membership. Most people have covered why in this thread.

Splitting a hoarders membership. Was on the fence about this while The Bruery was thinking of changing some aspects to the Hoarders Membership. We will see how it goes.

Picked up Cellador membership. They ship within California and I have enjoyed their beer so far.

Got invited to join Modern Times' Theory of Leisure Committee last night so now almost certainly dropping Lost Abbey, Bottlecraft Lock & Key, and Mikkeller.

Kinda sorta debating Alesmith because of the included bottles, but prices of extra bottles and fills there have me hesitating.

My mind changes every day on these, haha.

Got invited to join Modern Times' Theory of Leisure Committee last night so now almost certainly dropping Lost Abbey, Bottlecraft Lock & Key, and Mikkeller.

Kinda sorta debating Alesmith because of the included bottles, but prices of extra bottles and fills there have me hesitating.

Welcome! You think you're stoked now, wait until the year starts. Your wallet, it's fucked FYI.

Welcome! You think you're stoked now, wait until the year starts. Your wallet, it's fucked FYI.
LOL, hence dropping everything else. Time to redirect some of those dollars. Determined to stop 'settling' for beers from some of these other mediocre memberships and focus more on stuff being put out by countless other breweries in San Diego.

LOL, hence dropping everything else. Time to redirect some of those dollars. Determined to stop 'settling' for beers from some of these other mediocre memberships and focus more on stuff being put out by countless other breweries in San Diego.
Yeah, this year was my first as a modern times member. I split a theory membership with two other buddies and I have to say the beers we got this year were leaps and bounds over their beers even a year ago. They are absolutely firing on all cylinders.

Yeah, this year was my first as a modern times member. I split a theory membership with two other buddies and I have to say the beers we got this year were leaps and bounds over their beers even a year ago. They are absolutely firing on all cylinders.
Agreed, destroying most anything else down here. I pretty much go to just two breweries: MT and Pizza Port OB. The latter due largely because it's a great spot for the whole family before/after the beach and I like their food.

Agreed, destroying most anything else down here. I pretty much go to just two breweries: MT and Pizza Port OB. The latter due largely because it's a great spot for the whole family before/after the beach and I like their food.
In addition to PP I dig alesmith (although honestly not as much as I used to before I really fell in love with MT) and EPPIG (Lager is Life)

Congrats! I have a few friends who made it in this year too

This club made me pop a tent this year
I have no issues with the club itself. Great bottles and great service. Love the access for extra bottles, too. But I can't justify locking in as much 'beer money' in to memberships as I'd need to to keep this along with Theory.

I have no issues with the club itself. Great bottles and great service. Love the access for extra bottles, too. But I can't justify locking in as much 'beer money' in to memberships as I'd need to to keep this along with Theory.
The Hoarders approach of putting all your eggs in one basket, eh? Been there, done that, have so much beer left over that's hard to open.

The Hoarders approach of putting all your eggs in one basket, eh? Been there, done that, have so much beer left over that's hard to open.
Not necessarily, more that I feel like I've passed up tons of stuff from other local breweries that seemed interesting because I felt like I needed to spend through a membership to make it "worth" it. For example, buying cans from Mikkeller each week when I also want to try what Fall released, or Council, or whoever.

Edit with further thoughts: It's really more just sticking with the one membership I truly enjoy and taking advantage of it to the fullest, and spending the remaining budget at the LBS, or other breweries.

Not necessarily, more that I feel like I've passed up tons of stuff from other local breweries that seemed interesting because I felt like I needed to spend through a membership to make it "worth" it. For example, buying cans from Mikkeller each week when I also want to try what Fall released, or Council, or whoever.

Edit with further thoughts: It's really more just sticking with the one membership I truly enjoy and taking advantage of it to the fullest, and spending the remaining budget at the LBS, or other breweries.
I guess I don't see how this changes by just switching to a single higher tier at one brewery, especially one that incentivizes a high level of continued spending in order to maintain that membership. Seems like you'd just be transferring the money from Mikkeller to MT and there'd be the same amount left to spread among local breweries.

I guess I don't see how this changes by just switching to a single higher tier at one brewery, especially one that incentivizes a high level of continued spending in order to maintain that membership. Seems like you'd just be transferring the money from Mikkeller to MT and there'd be the same amount left to spread among local breweries.
I think what he's saying is its too much money to run both clubs and still be able to buy local beer. Which I get

I think what he's saying is its too much money to run both clubs and still be able to buy local beer. Which I get
Right, but he's moving up a tier in MT. So it's not just dropping one and keeping another, which I totally would understand.

This. Try not to overthink this, haha. Also dropping a couple other memberships. So, sure, replacing the higher tier with Mikkeller's money, but also freeing up beer money from the couple other clubs I'm in by not renewing them.

The math checks out in my head.

This. Try not to overthink this, haha. Also dropping a couple other memberships. So, sure, replacing the higher tier with Mikkeller's money, but also freeing up beer money from the couple other clubs I'm in by not renewing them.

The math checks out in my head.
Hey, whatever works for you. Just have been down that route with The Bruery already and won't repeat it.

Group Builder