US - Pacific 2018 Membership drop/renewal

Help Support Talkbeer:

That list is great, the price is terrible! I could see it maybe being worth it for locals but at a cost of $37.50 + tax per bottle its such an easy pass for me.
It is a tad less per bottle, but not by much. Gotta take into account that rebranded teku (glass whalez bruh duh =P) and then the piece of merch. Which probably costs more than normal since they are offering a choice between three and the lack of bulk ordering makes them pricier.

But again....just a tad less per bottle.

It is a tad less per bottle, but not by much. Gotta take into account that rebranded teku (glass whalez bruh duh =P) and then the piece of merch. Which probably costs more than normal since they are offering a choice between three and the lack of bulk ordering makes them pricier.

But again....just a tad less per bottle.
Yeah, I get that but for me I don't factor those things into the cost as I do not want them at all. I wish breweries would get the message that I assume most would rather just get beer and a lower membership cost vs beer and "other stuff" we already have way too much of. Pretty lame one of the options isn't a growler, which is apparently required to get the special member only growler fills. So out of touch.

Padraig

Premium Supporter
Contributor
^ and while we're on the subject.

I'm actually just splitting this with a buddy this year so he gets to deal with the frustrations. Not sure if he's gotten the card or not (he's the one on the account). Or if the lockers have been built yet (guessing not).
Lockers are now going ahead per the last newsletter. So I guess they'll be ready for next year.

(I don't really get the point of having them).

^ and while we're on the subject.

Lockers are now going ahead per the last newsletter. So I guess they'll be ready for next year.

(I don't really get the point of having them).
The point is so that you aren't forced to have beer shipped. Really fucking stupid, I agree.

Yeah, I get that but for me I don't factor those things into the cost as I do not want them at all. I wish breweries would get the message that I assume most would rather just get beer and a lower membership cost vs beer and "other stuff" we already have way too much of. Pretty lame one of the options isn't a growler, which is apparently required to get the special member only growler fills. So out of touch.
That is a good point. I do have a slew of black brewery hoodies and starting to get more than enough bottle bags. I don't mind them though and obviously it is advertising for their brewery/club when we take those things out in public.

As for the growler, yes, it is required...but when you go there enough they will look past it and fill whatever vessel you ended up remembering to bring.

The point is so that you aren't forced to have beer shipped. Really fucking stupid, I agree.
Nobody else seems to have the issues with holding beers for members that these guys do. Just have never felt that the member program was any sort of priority for them. Ending last year's a month early (coincidentally - or not - RIGHT before BA Traeblod, which is what many wanted access for), "lost" swag, confusing communication... not sure why I even agreed to split a membership with a buddy other than convenience and him living nearby and passing through Miramar on the way home. I.e. never had to go there myself.

Nobody else seems to have the issues with holding beers for members that these guys do. Just have never felt that the member program was any sort of priority for them. Ending last year's a month early (coincidentally - or not - RIGHT before BA Traeblod, which is what many wanted access for), "lost" swag, confusing communication... not sure why I even agreed to split a membership with a buddy other than convenience and him living nearby and passing through Miramar on the way home. I.e. never had to go there myself.
I actually haven't been there at all this year despite them being on my way to alesmith. I think I even left member swag there I didn't bother to collect. The month early thing really got me, especially when they were arguing that we got the full year...despite me showing them the emails and bank statement with the purchase date.

I like them over there, I really do....but the club is definitely an after-thought.

I actually haven't been there at all this year despite them being on my way to alesmith. I think I even left member swag there I didn't bother to collect. The month early thing really got me, especially when they were arguing that we got the full year...despite me showing them the emails and bank statement with the purchase date.

I like them over there, I really do....but the club is definitely an after-thought.
Yep. Membership sales in April, effective start date May 1. They switched everything off March 30. Doesn't take a genius to see that that's 11 months. Lame. They are like a crazy ex-girlfriend though. So many member bottles that are just 'meh' at best and a little crazy... but then you get one of the amazing BA stouts and you forget about the bad times.

But, not forgetting next go 'round. Their best stuff is always made public anyway. No need for the membership.

So this was Libertine all over again? haha what's with breweries getting away with ending memberships early.

KevSal

Supremium Porter

shit now i’m confused, which club is this, i thought you guys were still talking ale smith. sounds like one to avoid tho

Padraig

Premium Supporter
Contributor
They are like a crazy ex-girlfriend though. So many member bottles that are just 'meh' at best and a little crazy... but then you get one of the amazing BA stouts and you forget about the bad times.

But, not forgetting next go 'round. Their best stuff is always made public anyway. No need for the membership.
I've really enjoyed the two stouts I've received so far (the double barreled Berserker 3 and the bourbon Stroopwafel Shake) and the sour was decent too. Hopefully they pick up the pace with the remaining 5 beers.

Yep. Membership sales in April, effective start date May 1. They switched everything off March 30. Doesn't take a genius to see that that's 11 months. Lame. They are like a crazy ex-girlfriend though. So many member bottles that are just 'meh' at best and a little crazy... but then you get one of the amazing BA stouts and you forget about the bad times.

Are you my brain? I swear those are my exact thoughts.

Group Builder