2018 Membership drop/renewal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman141

Reaction score
With membership renewal season upon us, curious to know everyones plan for dropping/renewing for next year.

My current plan is:
Keeping: Dionysus, Casa, Powder Keg (if they offer again), Brewery membership i'm not allowed to talk about
Dropping: The Rare Barrel, Bruery PS
Hoping to add: Mikkeler viking club (in april/may)
Jury still out: de Garde (although this just started, haven't been too impressed so far. Lots of time to turn that around though)

Keeping: Bruery HS, MT League, Mikkeller Viking, Alesmith (regulars-only so far...testing it to expand to general public)
On-fence: TRB (this was a keeper initially but this morning I started rethinking it)
Dropping: None
Hoping to Add: SARA (fite me Ryan_G almost 4years on waitlist), Cellador, Superstition, 3Sons (assuming he ever gets it going)

Keeping: Bruery HS, MT League, Mikkeller Viking, Alesmith (regulars-only so far...testing it to expand to general public)
On-fence: TRB (this was a keeper initially but this morning I started rethinking it)
Dropping: None
Hoping to Add: SARA (fite me Ryan_G almost 4years on waitlist), Cellador, Superstition, 3Sons (assuming he ever gets it going)
Man, I really hope Alesmith starts a membership. I want a damn stout/clean beer membership!

almost 4years on waitlist

giphy.gif

Adding: MT

Considering: Bottlecraft Lock & Key

Keeping/on the fence: Mikkeller Viking (at the very least, dropping down to the lower level) If I add BC I'll likely drop Viking.

Ended up dropping TRB (well, not renewing for 2018) so in its place I am splitting DeGarde Keepers and splitting the new Wild Barrel.

I reupped bruery and joined hoarders and kept rl catador two bottle! Gonna split the hoarders with a friend due to cost. Ouch!

Is there a place to find a new trustee for bruery? Mine is retiring for the game after being a superstar.

Jury still out: de Garde (although this just started, haven't been too impressed so far. Lots of time to turn that around though)

I have heard very little of DG's membership. What is included? does it include the option to buy online any bottles that are available at DG as well?

I have heard very little of DG's membership. What is included? does it include the option to buy online any bottles that are available at DG as well?
8 bottles, a glass, and a tasting tour.
You cannot buy all bottles they offer, just the ones they decide to. Sadly Violet Premier wasn't one of those bottles.

8 bottles, a glass, and a tasting tour.
You cannot buy all bottles they offer, just the ones they decide to. Sadly Violet Premier wasn't one of those bottles.

That's really odd. They don't want their members to buy up their bottles? Their preference is for locals to snag them up?

That's really odd. They don't want their members to buy up their bottles? Their preference is for locals to snag them up?
Seems that way, when I asked why on a facebook post Trevor responded "Ever heard about STORAGE ISSUES" then just deleted my comment and banned me from the page.

added: Barrel Culture

keeping: Garagiste Owner's Group

TBD: Schramm's Mazer Club (mine expires mid-year, I'll wait to see what the new version is going to be when they roll it out)

Left El Cat right before the really good round (of course), but I've still got 80% of my bottles from the previous ones so I'm not exactly broken up over it.

I'm also in my local brewery's member club, which is basically discounted draft beer + swag. I paid $500 up front for a $600 bar tab, shirt/glassware/plaque on the wall, and first access to any releases.

Keeping: MT League
Dropping: Horizon Society (don't ask)
Adding: El Cat and Wild Barrel.
Maybe Adding: Barrel Roll again, probably, maybe... depending, and L&K

Keeping: MT League
Dropping: Horizon Society (don't ask)
Adding: El Cat and Wild Barrel.
Maybe Adding: Barrel Roll again, probably, maybe... depending, and L&K
I have to ask, horizon society. What happened?

Hangar 24. Really?????

Haven't heard enough from them this year to think they improved. (I was a member '16)

Holy **** some of you are in a lot of clubs. I thought I was crazy for being in 3.

Keeping: Sara, Mazer

Dropping: El cat just like everyone else.
I felt crazy the one year I did two clubs. Otherwise I've only done one per year.
**** this ****! Dropping err thang
ArtieTruth.gif

Dumping my only current which is MT.

Anyone on here been to my place in Rancho Cucamonga yet?

I am offering a membership for 2018. I posted the basics of it on IG, FB and Twitter the other day. I should have the details up on the new website later this week. Sign-ups through email and the tasting room have already begun.

If you didn't know, I am Sour Cellars, purveyor of barrel aged mixed culture sours and spontaneous beer.

Adding: HS membeship (split) Wanting to try the hoarder exclusives next year.
Keeping none
Dropping none
Considering: modern times depending on LA \ OC pick up

Is anyone renewing hangar 24? I heard the Members that renew get a bottle of vanilla rye pugachev...

Wish they offered it last year when I dropped them.

Considering: modern times depending on LA \ OC pick up

From the other site -
"
We have already hired over 50% of the staff that we need in LA, including beertenders if that's any indication of how confident we are that LA will be open before year end. Also, we will most definitely be offering League pickups there, as promised!

Cheers,

Steven Michael
Modern Times Beer"

Back