US - Pacific 2018 SARA Cellar Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that sounds like a really weird beer. If anyone can pull that sort of thing off it's Sante!
If it similiar to Quality of life, I am in for a treat.

Also, anybody know what the chances are that Westly will still be on tap tomorrow?

Posting something like this without notes should be a bannable offense.
Nonna’s 6-9 were pretty comparable. 8 stood out of those. All had legs. Then 10 was probably best in straight up. In order I’d say: 8, 10, 9, 7, 6. The cuvée of all five was pretty incredible too. 9 was not as bright of a bottle as the one I had a month ago; much more Bernice-y saison, bright. Two Rustic caps that didn’t show their age.

Nice meeting you guys (except box_social). Look forward to future hangs, hit me up if you wanna do some skiing this winter or are beering in SF.

I’d personally place them
8 - lighter body, crispy carb, more botanical, close to Variations on a Theme
> 6 - most complex by a hair, funk show, soft light but tight body- a little like soda, but still having a full SARA saison body
> 10 - 2nd most complex, very funky nose, lots of alternative spirit flavors vs. the others
> 9 - flatter, softer cohesion of flavors, stone fruit delicately comes through start to finish
> 7 - enjoyable, most like more recent Nonna’s/straight up saisons.

Nice meeting you guys (except box_social). Look forward to future hangs, hit me up if you wanna do some skiing this winter or are beering in SF.

I’d personally place them
8 - lighter body, crispy carb, more botanical, close to Variations on a Theme
> 6 - most complex by a hair, funk show, soft light but tight body- a little like soda, but still having a full SARA saison body
> 10 - 2nd most complex, very funky nose, lots of alternative spirit flavors vs. the others
> 9 - flatter, softer cohesion of flavors, stone fruit delicately comes through start to finish
> 7 - enjoyable, most like more recent Nonna’s/straight up saisons.
Damn you're good at this :)

KevSal

Supremium Porter
was 6 the first one bottled? I read a review of mine on Nonna #3 i can still remember that beer so well, it was just the right amount of sour. almost an oude bruin if irc. Anyway from my old scores on BA #8 was the highest, seems like it still holds it own! I did not like #2 at all apparently, tho no notes as to why

nice line up fellas

EDIT: :eek: nonna #3 was 10%, it couldn't have been that high

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts