2019 NFL Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Eagles extend Carson Wentz. Looking forward to johnmadden ’s input.
Counsin's contract looks more reasonable every other month.

I think Wentz is probably worth that much more, however, health is a skill and we haven't seen him in the playoffs.

Any Wentz doubters or lovers on this contract?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

40 games, not bad numbers considering he came out of the gate looking good when lots of guys struggle.

but it's a new NFL with dudes throwing for 5000 yards and 45+ td's a season & offenses basically being unfettered so averaging about 250 yards per game passing + a little less than 2 td's per game so far in his career gives me pause.

banking on upside + youth and the QB market being what it is.. i'm still not sure how to feel.

how much of this is Doug Pedersen? how much is Wentz?

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

40 games, not bad numbers considering he came out of the gate looking good when lots of guys struggle.

but it's a new NFL with dudes throwing for 5000 yards and 45+ td's a season & offenses basically being unfettered so averaging about 250 yards per game passing + a little less than 2 td's per game so far in his career gives me pause.

banking on upside + youth and the QB market being what it is.. i'm still not sure how to feel.

how much of this is Doug Pedersen? how much is Wentz?
Aside from like, trading Wentz for Patrick Mahomes straight up, I can't imagine the Eagles having anyone else.

I don't want to see the team let Wentz walk, start all over with another draft pick, sign someone for mega-cash in Free Agency or let Nate Sudfeld be the field General.

Contracts are only going up too (no duh) so signing Wentz now likely saves the team some money. Hopefully we haven't seen the best of Wentz and we can only hope that his 2017 performance is duplicated in coming years.

I don't want to see the team let Wentz walk, start all over with another draft pick, sign someone for mega-cash in Free Agency or let Nate Sudfeld be the field General.

Contracts are only going up too (no duh) so signing Wentz now likely saves the team some money. Hopefully we haven't seen the best of Wentz and we can only hope that his 2017 performance is duplicated in coming years.
yeah, this is where the justification for the contract comes in. can't let these kinds of guys walk away if they show promise early. kind of a rock & a hard place situation.

i lean towards him being a good QB with upside but that's largely based on having only seen him play whole games a few times, not week in & week out + media hype so maybe i'm off.

WhalezB4Rarez

yeah, this is where the justification for the contract comes in. can't let these kinds of guys walk away if they show promise early. kind of a rock & a hard place situation.

i lean towards him being a good QB with upside but that's largely based on having only seen him play whole games a few times, not week in & week out + media hype so maybe i'm off.
I've watched pretty much every NFL game he has played (I was actually in attendance for his first regular season game ever!) so I am very comfortable with the extension.

WhalezB4Rarez

I went to an NFL game today, got invited into a section where drink and food was included. Took advantige while I could. Was BMC for the most part which is probably why I have heartburn.

Happy 100th Season.

Last edited:

Latest posts