2019 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to SARA three times in 2018. I never deserved the honor of starting the 2019 thread.
giphy.gif

I went prob 20 times last year. But i gave them my info last week. Im Prob sure i didn’t make any list(invite or waiting) but I’d like to at least rule my self in/out/waiting list at least. Over the last year sours have been taking over my palate....
i know they upgraded their brewing system and will have more volume, so hopefully they will have more room. Always good to be optimistic... this is the only membership I’ve wanted... we’ll see how it goes.

Don't they have a pretty thorough turd screening process?

Is turd screening a synonym of wafflestomping? hmmmm

I kinda feel like most people who know about SARA Cellar at all are probly pretty cool people so there doesn't have to be much of a process

Don't they have a pretty thorough turd screening process?

Is turd screening a synonym of wafflestomping? hmmmm

I kinda feel like most people who know about SARA Cellar at all are probly pretty cool people so there doesn't have to be much of a process
There's at least one definitive turd that's been in the club for a couple of years. He literally got busted trying to double dip in line a few years back by Tim (as well as various other incidents throughout the beer community over the years), and yet is still a member. Oh well.

Does anyone have a list handy of the SARA Cellar bottles for 2018/descriptions?
Bridges Built, French-oak saison aged on peaches
Little Engine, Stainless saison on Pinot Noir lees
Like Minds, Barrel-aged buckwheat saison
Orphanage, Blend of one and two-years-old saison
A Thousand Summers, Saison aged in Frederiksdal cherry wine french oak puncheons with nectarines
Our Congregation, Barrel-aged saison with cherries and raspberries

Last edited:
There's at least one definitive turd that's been in the club for a couple of years. He literally got busted trying to double dip in line a few years back by Tim (as well as various other incidents throughout the beer community over the years), and yet is still a member. Oh well.

I know nothing about these situations or the person (turd?) in question but some places like Side Project(I think) allow people to loop back in line to get another allotment. It could totally have been an honest misunderstanding if it was an isolated incident. but you say there is more so :( :(

I know nothing about these situations or the person (turd?) in question but some places like Side Project(I think) allow people to loop back in line to get another allotment. It could totally have been an honest misunderstanding if it was an isolated incident. but you say there is more so :( :(
He changed clothes in order to try to get through unnoticed. It was most certainly not an honest misunderstanding, and it's a shame they let him in anyway.

HaveUSeenMyCellar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back