2021 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a gorgeous, sunny day today, so I sure am glad I spent a chunk of it sitting in traffic.

IMG_20210227_134918.jpg

I can't wait till Sante opens up again and I can have a beer there. Mask up and get those vaccines, hombres.

It's a gorgeous, sunny day today, so I sure am glad I spent a chunk of it sitting in traffic.

View attachment 10601

I can't wait till Sante opens up again and I can have a beer there. Mask up and get those vaccines, hombres.
CD2D5613-5AB1-421E-B9D5-4B6F2EF6AFFC.jpeg

Spent most of the day at Wilder Ranch and then hit SARA on the way home. Between Pils, pales, and VJ in the last few months this is the most cans I’ve ever bought from them.

Hope you snagged some surge capacity

Hey Everyone,

It’s been several years since I’ve been on here and a few years since I’ve had a chance to get to SARA...my have things changed.

Im flying out to San Jose tomorrow for a week due to visit some family after a few recent significant deaths in the wife’s family. Otherwise I wouldn’t be traveling due to you know...Rona. I’m out for just a week and might be traveling through Santa Cruz and was hoping that SARA might be open for bottles to go. Cant seem to find info online, other than mail order beer? Are they open for bottle/can sales or is it a nightmare and you have to stand in line for hours? Been there done that with beer, it’s someone else’s turn.

Just figured I’d check in and see what the deal is. Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

It’s been several years since I’ve been on here and a few years since I’ve had a chance to get to SARA...my have things changed.

Im flying out to San Jose tomorrow for a week due to visit some family after a few recent significant deaths in the wife’s family. Otherwise I wouldn’t be traveling due to you know...Rona. I’m out for just a week and might be traveling through Santa Cruz and was hoping that SARA might be open for bottles to go. Cant seem to find info online, other than mail order beer? Are they open for bottle/can sales or is it a nightmare and you have to stand in line for hours? Been there done that with beer, it’s someone else’s turn.

Just figured I’d check in and see what the deal is. Thanks!

Open all week 12-6 at the portal location off of water street. Wear a mask and should be painless, hardly any lines. Also hit up Tacos Moreno on your way out.

Note that the OG location (brewery) is closed

https://instagram.com/rusticales_sc?igshid=13pci9jzeg5ip

Thanks so much everyone!

Any good suggestions for a bottle shop in the San Diego/Cupertino area? Would love to find a 12 bottle shipper and send some treats home!

Thanks so much everyone!

Any good suggestions for a bottle shop in the San Diego/Cupertino area? Would love to find a 12 bottle shipper and send some treats home!

In San Diego, depending on which part of the city you are in...
Holiday - in Escondido
Bine n Vine - in Normal Heights
San Diego Wine & Beer Co - in Miramar/Mira Mesa
Bottlecraft, various locations but Little Italy is likely the best with Liberty Public Market (point loma area) being 2nd best in terms of selection.

Thanks so much everyone!

Did you mean San Jose/Cupertino? Otherwise a weird juxtaposition.

Cask & Flask in the Cambrian area of SJ is decent, with overpriced things so you'll find some surprises probably. Russian River is on shelves at TotalWine, and there is one at the SJ/Cupertino border.

Cask & Flask in the Cambrian area of SJ is decent, with overpriced things so you'll find some surprises probably. Russian River is on shelves at TotalWine, and there is one at the SJ/Cupertino border.

Also most Whole Foods have a decent selection lately. ISO Beers, Good Karma, Original Gravity, and Santa Clara liquors would be the next step up for selection.

I just assumed he wanted a real california burrito and decided to extend his trip to hit san diego so he doesn't have to eat that monstrosity northern CA does to the great burrito.

I've literally flown tacos and burritos back with me on trips from San Diego, so I'm not going to defend the way we present burritos up here.

🤦‍♂️ I can’t believe I said San Diego... yeah I’m in San Jose, near Cupertino, like right on the line.

Ah my favorite thing in the world: people from San Diego talking about Mexican food.

=P

I must admit, LA has better street tacos than San Diego. But nothing beats getting them from a random cart on a corner down in TJ.

Goddamn Santa Clara Liquors. There was so much **** I had never heard of before, and would love to try, as well as tons of overpriced BTAC and Weller. Some day I’ll be here visiting here and I’ll be able to act like a total degenerate. Visiting during Covid is extra harsh cause kicking some ass at a cool local bar would be fun. Especially coming from the frozen New England wasteland, the weather and overall vibe out here is killing me.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I wish I had more time to meet up and smoke a joint and listen to Buffalo Springfield in the mountains of Santa Cruz. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it to SARA this time around, bummer. I remember seeing bottles in some bottle shop maybe in Mountain View? I already filled a box, so maybe I don't need to get more but...why not lol.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it to SARA this time around, bummer. I remember seeing bottles in some bottle shop maybe in Mountain View? I already filled a box, so maybe I don't need to get more but...why not lol.

If it’s Jane’s be prepared for a markup.

Did you stick with it? Or try a different day?

I was meeting someone at the Capitola location, so I stuck with it. :-/

Then I hit traffic on the way back.

Unless you go early and hit the beach before Sante opens at noon, this is pretty standard for summer traffic on 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back