4Loko Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletch1

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is kind of a ridiculous idea, but I want to make a Pre Ban 4Loko clone.
This is what I am thinking the process would be:
  • Disolve desired ammount of sugar in water
  • Dislove desired ammount of caffine, taurine, guarana, etc.
  • Add artificial flavoring to desired level
  • Add everclear
  • Keg and force carb
Does this sound like the propper process to get all kinds of wastey? I sent my last can out a few months ago, and I do not feel like trading for more. I am srs btw. Beerontwowheels, can this be the TB comp #4?

Last edited:
4Loko on tap bro! I just was thinking about it, and it seemed like a pretty easy/straightforward idea. Maybe I (and my liver) are just a gluttons for punishment.

You can buy "energy drink" syrups from sodastream now.

Well, if you want to know my ASL, im 27/M/PA. Havent been asked that since AIM
I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this pre-ban 4loko hype. Thought it was 34/M/IL neckbeards trying to awkwardly step back into some bad place they never got to enjoy in college. If you're 27 it's not quite as weird.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this pre-ban 4loko hype. Thought it was 34/M/IL neckbeards trying to awkwardly step back into some bad place they never got to enjoy in college. If you're 27 it's not quite as weird.

You're gonna call neckbeard on that one, really? That term has lost any value.

A dude wanting to get crunk on the most infamous ******* fuel of all time is perfectly reasonable at any age.

lolwut? Yeah, not like 27 isn't grown man territory or anything.

I agree that making your own is pointless, but I'd love to try the original Four Loko, and I'm 33.

Anybody have a PreBan can handy? I just want to know the ammount caffine, sugar, etc that are in one of these guys?

You're gonna call neckbeard on that one, really? That term has lost any value.

A dude wanting to get crunk on the most infamous ******* fuel of all time is perfectly reasonable at any age.
Thank you. I know of a couple of us old timers that like to get shitty on 4Loko every now and then.
MordorMongo

Age is just a number.

OP: If this project is successful, I'd love to have a growler fill.

This is what I am thinking the process would be:
  • Disolve desired ammount of sugar in water
  • Dislove desired ammount of caffine, taurine, guarana, etc.
  • Add artificial flavoring to desired level
  • Add everclear
  • Keg and force carb
Does this sound like the propper process to get all kinds of wastey?
You're basically making five gallons of Red Bull & Vodka instead of a pre-ban flavored malt beverage. If you don't care that the base isn't beer, then yeah, the above is easier and should get you all kinds of wastey. Kegged cocktails are fun anyway. I've made five gallon kegs of margaritas that are huge hits at summer parties.

If you go forward with this, will you find a way not to include whatever ingredient makes me rhea for a week after drinking a pre-ban?

The grape can I had eariler this week (late 2010 canning code) tasted pretty good, honestly. The physiological effects were a slight concern. If you're still uneasy I will gladly take them off your hands.
I've been saving them for graduating. I wasn't sure if I was the only one who would actually drink them now or not haha. I haven't drank any for 2 years or so.

Never heard of these until now.
Looking now it seems that the Berocca tablets now have about 90mg of caffeine instead of the 200 something from when the article was made. Extra strength 5 hour energy has about 230mg of caffeine which is about on par with a pre-ban. Conclusion: Dump one of those bitches in your four loko. Doesn't have the guarana though so maybe some combo of those 2 or just put both and wish yourself good luck? Could do a regular 5 hour (200mg) and half a Berocca to get the guarana and still around the same caffeine amount?

The ideas expressed on this post are my own thoughts. Please keep in mind that I am not a Doctor or other health professional so if you die from doing this ****, tough luck.

Back