9/2 BT Labor Day Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomTwanks1

Reaction score
Started off with a 750 of Rivertown Ojos Negros(blackberry sour)

null_zps2ebab2da.jpg

Then went to Brothers Drake, copped a few bottles and had a Blueberry Chai

null_zps121c1e5d.jpg

Which was stunning, along with tasters of many others. What are you beer nerds drinking?

The new batch of Simcoe Ninja is easily a top-3 Pipeworks beer for me (and I like Pipeworks a lot). Started with that post-lunch, then moved on to Olde Hickory Imperial Stout, which was pretty good but not great. The gold wax was really pretty though.

how those holding up?

This is my first time trying the Grand Reserva so I can't compare it to fresh and this bottle probably wasn't aged in the most ideal conditions (I bought it off the shelf a few months ago.) I didn't get any oxidation/sourness that some reviews said they tasted but it's a bit on the sweet side for me. I don't get much of the spices that I get from regular Pannepot and there's none of the chocolate notes. Still very good, imo.

Went out to a bar with some friends a couple hours ago. Ordered...

Carton Something Like Sandy (didn't think it was good at all)
Leinenkugel Orange Shandy (basically a mimosa in beer form)
Captain Lawrence Pumpkin Ale (average pumpkin beer)
Founders Oatmeal Stout on nitro (great beer)
also took home a bottle of La Trappe Isid'or

Came home and we split a bottle of Stone's R&R Coconut IPA (good, but we didn't really get any coconut in the flavor). Now I'm just waiting for some Chinese delivery, and I'll probably drink a 60 Minute along with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back