Other Booze Absinthe

Help Support Talkbeer:

Anyone drink Absinthe on the regular? Haven't for a while, but a friend of mine in NYC just posted on FB about hitting up some classic cocktail bars and it got me thinking. Used to perform the ritual from time to time, but it's certainly nice in cocktails, especially the Sazerac. FWIW, my go-to was always Sebor. Great stuff, that. Might have to order some in the very near future.

I've been dabbling in mixing myself cocktails at home. I've shied away from the Sazerac because it calls for an absinthe rinse (or a few drops), and I don't want to drop $50+ on a bottle of absinthe for just that. What other classic cocktails call for absinthe? Is there an adorable source of bitters sized bottles of absinthe?

I've been dabbling in mixing myself cocktails at home. I've shied away from the Sazerac because it calls for an absinthe rinse (or a few drops), and I don't want to drop $50+ on a bottle of absinthe for just that. What other classic cocktails call for absinthe? Is there an adorable source of bitters sized bottles of absinthe?
I’ve got a 200ml bottle of absinthe from St. George. Been using it for rinsing glasses for sazeracs. It’s been the perfect size for me, and have had the bottle opened for over a year now in my cabinet.

Corpse Reviver #2 calls for a rinse as well. Or you can drink it the traditional way with sugar and water. Not a lot of cocktails use it in a large quantity because it has such a strong flavor, it would overpower anything else in the drink. If you drink a lot of sazeracs and other drinks that call for a rinse then its not a bad investment since that bottle should last a long time and its not going to go bad.

Latest posts