Albuquerque

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_bleeder

Reaction score
Any Tbers from Albuquerque (or nearby?)

I am making a work trip detour from my daughters swim meet in Cortez and going to visit a customer in Albuquerque on Monday 8/4. Will be hitting La Cumbre for sure also.

ahh, the alma mater
mzi.mklsrehp.png

Just saw the thread man. What time you plan to hit La Cumbre. I can be there for sure.

Just saw the thread man. What time you plan to hit La Cumbre. I can be there for sure.
I am not quite sure. My customer is on Claremont and Vasar. Hoping to visit him about noon. My hotel is the Hyatt on Tijeras. What time do you get off?

If your looking for a beer store to check out, try Jubilations on Carisle. Its about 10mins form La Cumbre and they have the best stock of beer in-town.

I am not quite sure. My customer is on Claremont and Vasar. Hoping to visit him about noon. My hotel is the Hyatt on Tijeras. What time do you get off?

Around 4. So anytime after that is good.

You Texas guys think the world revolves around you!!!!!

shelf_turd_ferguson boomboxlos - Don't send me any more beer. Because I hate you!!

LYMI ;)

Seriously!! Are there not any NM peeps on this site?!?!

Holy ****!!! Just searched for Albuquerque. Paging Ratman
ISO:unclejacobs ft:already sent the box! lol u can't stop us!! hahahahaaha

I grew up in New Mexico, does that count for anything?
For nostalgia's sake if someone wants to do a locals NM for MA/VT stuff let me know.

Does anyone know if La Cumbre will fill growlers from other breweries? Thanks!

Turns out they are awesome with their social media and they got back to me. They do, and they also have a bunch of awesome **** to go. My buddy is going there next week and I'm just going to give him all my money.

Good hear. I know most places here will fill any growler but I know of 1 place in Santa Fe that gave me a hard time about not filling someone else is growler.

I'll be driving through on Tuesay the 23rd and will have the afternoon to visit some breweries. I've been to Marble before and i know to hit la cumbre. Anything else?

I'll be driving through on Tuesay the 23rd and will have the afternoon to visit some breweries. I've been to Marble before and i know to hit la cumbre. Anything else?

Il Vicino Canteen Brewhouse is real close to La Cumbre (an easy walk). Also Chama River isn't bad.

Bad part about ABQ tap rooms is the 3 beer limit. Even if you walked tgere from a hotel. Lol

I didn't know about that but we only have around 5hrs in town before we have to get back onnthe road. Also looking for a place to grab lunch and another for dinner. Suggestions appreciated. Preferably with good beer (and on the $ side of things for lunch, dinner can be $$ to low $$$ out of $$$$).

I didn't know about that but we only have around 5hrs in town before we have to get back onnthe road. Also looking for a place to grab lunch and another for dinner. Suggestions appreciated. Preferably with good beer (and on the $ side of things for lunch, dinner can be $$ to low $$$ out of $$$$).

Il vicino and Chama river have food. At la Cumbre, we always have pizza delivered from a place they recommended. Can't recall the name. La Cumbre usually has a food truck out front

Thanks for the recommendations. It'll be a quick stop for a few hours. Trying to reduce the time driving the next day from there to houston.

Yeah for lunch I would just eat at whatever Food truck La Cumbre has outside Phischy and for dinner I would try Bousque Brewery. They are a new brewery that has been turning out some really nice beer plus they have food.

http://www.bosquebrewing.com/menu/

There is also Oniells. The food is Ok but they have a big Local beer menu.

http://oniells.com/

And if you get the chance, swing by Jubilation Liquor store for any hard to find bottles.

Last edited:
I will be in Albuquerque this Sunday passing through to Red River. Any suggestions on bottle shops? I will definitely be at La Cumbre for Project Dank pitchers or whatever is available.

jubilations is the top bottle shop but Kelly's off Wyoming is great spot too. Right now La Cumbre just released a Rum BA Barelywine that is putting good. U should try it when you stop by

jubilations is the top bottle shop but Kelly's off Wyoming is great spot too. Right now La Cumbre just released a Rum BA Barelywine that is putting good. U should try it when you stop by

Thanks for the tips. Any suggestions on mid or high end Mexican restaurants? My wife is a foodie and loved the New Mexican food we had in Taos last trip compared to the gut bomb Tex-Mex found here.

Hit both Marblegs and La Cumbra. Both are excellent. Dropped off SD cans at both. Brought a growler to share at LC and I think they thought I was a cop...refused to share it among their bartenders.

I just wanted to empty it so I could refill there! Thought that was funny. Also beer prices are WAY cheaper than SD.

Work brought me to Albuquerque for two nights. Going to try to hit up La Cumbre after 8pm tonight. Anyone around and free to meet up? If so, PM me!

if anyone in NM is near Santa Fe brewing this saturday looks like theyre having a party.

Post up if you go and let us know how good it was!

Back