US - Northwest Ale Apothecary Ale Club 2016

Help Support Talkbeer:

the orange juice beer sounds tight
Heh, I didn't even buy one of those. Grabbed the first two bottles on the list, which already was above and beyond my monthly budget, what with a Fremont Brewing event and Masonry's Farmhouse Fest coming up and paid for–and a trip to Vermont sandwiched between the two.

Hopefully I'll be able to drink some when I'm down in Bend in May.

Heh, I didn't even buy one of those. Grabbed the first two bottles on the list, which already was above and beyond my monthly budget, what with a Fremont Brewing event and Masonry's Farmhouse Fest coming up and paid for–and a trip to Vermont sandwiched between the two.

Hopefully I'll be able to drink some when I'm down in Bend in May.
At first i didnt buy any Trifecta but couldnt resist putting in a second order aha

The Trifecta mmmmm, just opened one. Was really liking it.

Anyone else get bottles from the last sale and notice no corks in some? A few were capped and corked a few were just cap no cork....

Use to seeing that prolific cork, confused me.. ooo weee

This isn't an ale club question but this looks like the only ale apothecary thread going. I picked up a couple Bizarro La Tache bottles from a bottle shop. The tag describes the beer as coming entirely from a single barrel but otherwise reads a lot like the normal La Tache. Anybody know what is different flavorwise with this variant from the normal?

This isn't an ale club question but this looks like the only ale apothecary thread going. I picked up a couple Bizarro La Tache bottles from a bottle shop. The tag describes the beer as coming entirely from a single barrel but otherwise reads a lot like the normal La Tache. Anybody know what is different flavorwise with this variant from the normal?
I believe it's just more sour than normal La Tache.

air

Q2:

SALUD!

SOUR CHERRY VAMANOS (LIMIT 1)
6.17% ABV. Our raw, unboiled lactobacillus-driven brew, this version of Vamonos was bottle-conditioned with red sour cherry juice. Brewed in January of 2017 and bottled on October 20, 2017 this is another great well-rounded tart experience. The red sour cherry casts a pink hue on the beer and the extended aging rounds off the edges of the acidity creating an approachable sour that is just complex enough.

PONDEROSA SAHALIE (LIMIT 3)
9.98% ABV. Instead of dry-hopping prior to bottling as we usually do for Sahalie, we chose to put this batch on some freshly foraged ponderosa needles. Much more subtle than fir (Ralph) or spruce (Sahati), the ponderosa adds a mild spiciness and richness. Less lemony than the normal Sahalie, this beer is amazingly good. We opened a bottle at the tasting room recently to evaluate and a customer very knowledgeable about our beer said he preferred it to Sahati!

RYESIN (LIMIT 3)

8.75% ABV. Also bottled in October of last year, Ryesin is made with a rye malt and 3 varieties of barley malt. Initially put into wine barrels in February of 2016, Ryesin was transferred to a marsala wine puncheon in March of 2017. Floral, herbal, crisp and tart, Ryesin is really a delicious enigma, we’ve never brewed anything like it before.

Here ya go:
APRICOT VÁMONOS - Raw beer, made by a lactobacillus-driven ferment in a special heated barrel in our
brewery. Aged in a second-use brewery barrels with 100# fresh apricots and bottle conditioned with
Oregon honey.

BE STILL (500ml) - Our iconic still beer, brewed with dark malts and coffee cascara from Menendez family
farms in El Salvador. We age Be Still in fresh Oregon pinot barrels for upwards of a year prior to
transferring to rye whiskey barrels. Just before packaging, we infuse cocoa nibs from Nahua in Costa Rica
and additional cascara. Packaged without yeast or honey to maintain flavor balance.

BLACKBERRY VÁMONOS - Raw beer, made by a lactobacillus-driven ferment in a special heated barrel
in our brewery. Aged in a second-use Sequin Moreau cognac barrel with 100# blackberries and bottle
conditioned with wort from our very special Connor brew.

BLUTO - The dark color of Bluto comes from an extended boil in our copper kettle, creating a unique
carmelization flavor we can’t achieve any other way. Aged in a Marsala puncheon for over a year and
bottle conditioned with Oregonhoney.

CABALLO NEGRO - This dark blend was aged for over a year in 2nd use mezcal barrels from Aqua de
Cortes(the barrels that the Bottleworks anniversary came out of) and bottle conditioned with agave nectar. $30 1

DOUBLE PEACH LA TACHE - Bottled December 2017, brewed June 2016. Initially aged in 2 Heaven Hill
whiskey barrels with 50# white peaches in each, we decided that wasn’t enough peach and in September
2017 we put this beer into 2nd use Bulgheroni barrels with 100# yellow peaches in each. You’ve been
warned. Bottle conditioned with Big Wooly Honey from Salem, OR.

EL CUATRO - GRAND CRU - Grand Cru because this batch of El Cuatro tastes quite similar to some of
the Flanders beers we’ve been inspired by...tart and funky. Aged in fresh Oregon pinot noir barrels for 9
months and then in brandy barrels for 6 months.

LA TACHE - Our flagship dry-hopped table sour, brewed with Mecca Grade Pelton and Shaniko malted
wheat, brewed and dry-hopped with Goschie Farms Cascade hops & bottle conditioned with Oregon
honey.

LODGEHOUSE CHERRY - Our first true spontaneous beer, originally brewed in 2015 and aged in
second-use brewery barrels. In July of 2016, we transferred to different barrels with ripe cherries. Bottle
conditioned with Oregon honey.

MAD APOTHECARY - Aged in an acacia barrel we got from Mad Fritz brewery in St. Helena, CA, this
blend beer is a beautiful example of the subtle depth of character we can achieve with time and gentle
production techniques. Bottle conditioned with Oregon honey.

MARIONBERRY WHOOPS! - This beer was intended to be La Tache, but we ground in the wrong malt
and accidentally made some amazing beer. We aged this beer in rye whiskey barrels with 75# ripe Oregon
marionberries in each barrel.

MINOTAUR 2018 - Brewed in November 2016, this is our second Minotaur vintage. This dark beer is aged
first in fresh pinot noir barrels prior to transferring to bourbon barrels with ripe blackberries. Bottle

PERSIMMON / SOUR CHERRY LA TACHE - Bottled December 2017. We introduced ripe persimmons
directly to the barrel over the course of a week, then aged for over a year. Bottle-conditioned with red sour
cherry juice.

RALPH - Made with Mecca Grade Vanora Malt and Skagit Valley carmel malts, brewed and dry-hopped
with white fir needles and aged in fresh Oregon pinot noir barrels. Bottle conditioned with Oregon honey.

RUGBRØD - Bottled August 2017, brewed June 2016. Utilizing rye and dark munich malts, we enjoy how the spiciness of
the rye works with the toasted munich malt, fresh wine barrels and the acidity produced by our house culture. Bottle

SAHALIE - Our flagship wild ale, brewed with Mecca Grade Pelton and Shaniko malted wheat, brewed
and dry-hopped with Goschie Farms Cascade hops & bottle conditioned with Oregon honey.

SAHATI - Made with Mecca Grade Estate Malt and Rimrock Rye, brewed and dry-hopped with spruce
needles and aged in fresh Oregon pinot noir barrels. Bottle conditioned with Oregon honey.

SMOOTHERED IN HUGS - Bottled September 2017. Brewed entirely with Mecca Grade LaMonta malt, we
first made a high-gravity wort to get our yeast going, then introduced a low-gravity wort during fermentation
to capture the distinct esters produced by both fermentations in one beer. Aged in first-use wine barrels,
dry-hopped and bottle conditioned with El Cuatro wort.

SPENCER 2017 - Our annual wild-foraged blackcurrant beer! Bottled in September of 2017. Brewed with
Mecca Grade Estate Pelton and Shaniko Malted Wheat & Goschie Farms Cascade hops. Bottle

TEQUILA / RASPBERRY LA TACHE - Bottled July 2017, brewed June of 2016. We aged this batch of La
Tache in two tequila barrels with fresh raspberries for the entire duration and bottle-conditioned with agave
nectar.

I think Lodgehouse Cherry is a brown ale. Has any one tried a spontaneous brown ale?

Latest posts