US - Northwest Ale Apothecary Ale Club 2016

Help Support Talkbeer:

Where did you see it was a brown ale?
From the 2018 membership overview, this was mentioned as one of the included bottles: "3-year-old spontaneous brown ale aged on cherries". The beer wasn't named but Lodgehouse Cherry is the only beer that fits the description.

From the 2018 membership overview, this was mentioned as one of the included bottles: "3-year-old spontaneous brown ale aged on cherries". The beer wasn't named but Lodgehouse Cherry is the only beer that fits the description.
Membership year so long. I consider it all a surprise at the end.

I'm curious about joining the Ale Club as well. If anyone on this site would be interested in being my proxy, I would of course provide a shipping label(s) and would gladly purchase additional bottles for you to compensate you for your time. This would be my first time doing this, so open to feedback on how to acquire someone willing to assist. Cheers!

I'm curious about joining the Ale Club as well. If anyone on this site would be interested in being my proxy, I would of course provide a shipping label(s) and would gladly purchase additional bottles for you to compensate you for your time. This would be my first time doing this, so open to feedback on how to acquire someone willing to assist. Cheers!
I'm happy to help. Your post is a little unclear so I'll ask a potentially dumb question: are you a club member already? There's a waiting list, though spots recently opened up at the turn of the year.

I'm happy to help. Your post is a little unclear so I'll ask a potentially dumb question: are you a club member already? There's a waiting list, though spots recently opened up at the turn of the year.
Thanks for the offer! I've been on the waiting list for a bit and got the email. I'll send you a PM.

Same here. After 4 years I almost dropped last year. This year I could not convince myself it was worth it anymore and finally ended it. Have a stockpile of beers I am not even drinking... :(
Most are high gravity too, which is not something I particularly care for in my sours/wilds.

I ended up re-upping, last year was my first year and being a Canadian made it pretty difficult, that said the part itself was so fun and the beers were a plus to all that. The whole currency conversion part of it makes it really hurt though

AA all tastes like acetic acid to me and there really isn't anything like subtlety that I get with my Floodland beers.
I get that, people's tastes are leaning towards those more gentle, fragile and nuanced sours now, Floodland is great, I am hoping AA leans more towards a less acidic beer this coming year but we will see, maybe less dark sours also

Maybe if they started cranking out new hazies every week
Not what I was even remotely getting at, but thanks for contributing.

AA is just super acetic and kinda harsh on the palette now for me, that acetic kick is very trademark and I always seem to pull it out no matter what the beer is of theirs. I've been enjoying their stuff since going down to Bend in 2012, but I'm just not as enamored with the flavor profile as I once was. I was trying to have a legitimate conversation about it.

Latest posts