All Baseball Here

Talk Beer Forum

Help Support Talk Beer Forum:

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
I haven’t upgraded to a new PlayStation since PS3 so imma wait until 2021 when The Show (possibly) comes to the Switch.

After the Athletics were decapitated with the loss of manager Bob Melvin last year, Oakland gutted the team by trading off anyone of value (again). They seem to have a thing for giving Toronto Gold Gloved 3rd basemen. This club's management is doing everything they can to see to it the final years in Oakland are miserable, perhaps to justify the move to Vegas.

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
I’ll give myself a “cool story bro” upfront.

i had this HVAC guy at my house and I’m wearing a Phillies hoodie (this isn’t a Dear Penthouse) and he starts talking local sports then says how his favorite sports are basketball and football. He mentions he jokes to his buddies that MLB players fail more than they succeed and that if an NBA player made 30% of their shots or a QB made 30% completions they would be out of the league. I go “yeah if you hit .300 you’re really good. Also if players hit .700 the game would be longer than it is now.” And he goes “I never really thought of that.”

Watching the Padres game yesterday and seeing both Paddack and Weathers pitch (they are competing for the last starter spot apparently), it was obvious they did nothing in the off-season to help improve their location. Both gave up homeruns.

And then Stammen was again just leaking pitches over the middle of the plate. We have no dedicated closer, so I am scared (yet again) that our pitching is going to what keeps the Padres from post season...again (and again...and again...and again...).