All Baseball Here

Talk Beer Forum

Help Support Talk Beer Forum:

Juan Soto is a Padre.

While I am not thrilled since he lacks defensive talent compared to his offensive talent, it is quite nice to see our outfield basically come together with power.

Getting Bell, Drury, and Hader was quite nice as well.

Hader took his first inning last night, non-save situation so I think BoMel just wanted the fans to see him on the mound. Went 1-2-3, got his first K in a Padres uniform and went on to get his first W as a Padres (not that any reliever cares much about that) after Grisham hit a walkoff homer last night.

Not thrilled? C'mon

Going purely based off numbers this season..no...not thrilled.

I like that a lot of the articles I was reading regarding his stats basically stated well he has this and that and it is lower, but he is ranked here and here based on these "expected stats". Like..lolz...expected. Expected != reality, and until that does, I remain not thrilled. Maybe he will dazzle on the field and in the box. If/When that happens, I will gladly eat my words but until then....

Signed, a constantly disappointed Padres fan since the early 90s. WS win...one day..maybe..hopefully while I am still alive.

Going purely based off numbers this season..no...not thrilled.

I like that a lot of the articles I was reading regarding his stats basically stated well he has this and that and it is lower, but he is ranked here and here based on these "expected stats". Like..lolz...expected. Expected != reality, and until that does, I remain not thrilled. Maybe he will dazzle on the field and in the box. If/When that happens, I will gladly eat my words but until then....

Signed, a constantly disappointed Padres fan since the early 90s. WS win...one day..maybe..hopefully while I am still alive.
My dude, he is top 10 in OPS, OBP, walks (#1 actually)

He is a get-the-fuck-on-base machine.