US - Midwest all things kansas city

Help Support Talkbeer:

Gene

Just happy to be here
Well lucky for you guys, it's too late. I left the Royals game when they were losing 11-3 and I'm having my double pork chop at Gram & Dun already.

Gene

Just happy to be here
KC Bier Co was excellent as expected... and Julep and Gram & Dun both got their BTAC/Pappy deliveries yesterday if anyone’s looking for that stuff.

In KC MO for a weekend of family stuff.

Hit KC Brewing, legit lagers.

Hit McCoy's for a late lunch. Decent beer.

Hope at and TikiCat late night for after-family fun. Good times.

Next trip. This one was for saying goodbye to the wife's 98 year grandmother. Next time will be the funeral.

Heading to KC again next weekend for work. Staying near Power and Light district. Hit Boulevard, Torn Label and Double Shift last time. Any other recommendations or new places? BKS and Bier Station may be a little too far out for me, as I won't have a car.

Also, what's the best option for bottles in that area?

Heading to KC again next weekend for work. Staying near Power and Light district. Hit Boulevard, Torn Label and Double Shift last time. Any other recommendations or new places? BKS and Bier Station may be a little too far out for me, as I won't have a car.

Also, what's the best option for bottles in that area?
go grab a slice of cheeseburger pizza at Minsky's and rethink Portland pizza. abawol01 has seen the light.

From Torn Label or Double Shift, BKS is actually pretty easy to get to because of the highway and close to BKS is Brookside Wine and Spirits and Mike's Liquor. Only open on weekends really though unless there is a special occasion.

Flying Saucer has been having amazing deals weeknights recently and should be close by. Make use of the street car. If you want more food recommendations I could go for awhile.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Love seeing the Torn Label love in here. One of the founders is one of my first beer friends from way back. Have enjoyed all of the beers that I have tried from them, and I'm happy to hear that others are enjoying their stuff. Was out there shortly before the brewery opened and got a little tour, but I'm excited to return some day to see what it has become and try the beers at the source.