US - New England Allagash Releases & Events

Help Support Talkbeer:

Allagash should probably get their own thread, right?

Coolship Resurgam going on sale tomorrow @10am. 2 bottle limit. Congrats, Beer Camp goers.

Also, tasting room hours are now 10am-7pm Monday-Saturday.

So Belfius is coming out Thursday, appears it might be an actual release. Seems like an odd day to open early... trying to hit holiday crowd?

Once again I will ask Allagash - please stop announcing this shit in advance

Anyone have any idea (or care to speculate) on how Belfius is blended? As in, is there pasteurization going on, or is the saison component taking the place of young lambic in a gueuze-like blend, to provide carbonation from its residual sugars? Probably ISO regardless.

JBP

So Belfius is coming out Thursday, appears it might be an actual release. Seems like an odd day to open early... trying to hit holiday crowd?

Once again I will ask Allagash - please stop announcing this shit in advance
I don't know, 2 days notice isn't that bad, much better than the month they gave for Little Sal. Plus no one (i.e. non-hardcore beer geeks and the general public who visit the brewery) really seems to give a shit about any releases other than the Coolships and fruited sours, so I doubt there will be any kind of line or crowd at the brewery specifically related to this release. Not really sure why they're opening 2 hours early to be honest, it'll probably be dead for that time.

I'm curious if they actually leave all 3 beers on the floor at once or if they pull Resurgam for the time being since it's lasted close to a month at this point and still hasn't sold out. Can't recall if they've ever had more than 2 special releases on the floor at one time.

I don't know, 2 days notice isn't that bad, much better than the month they gave for Little Sal. Plus no one (i.e. non-hardcore beer geeks and the general public who visit the brewery) really seems to give a shit about any releases other than the Coolships and fruited sours, so I doubt there will be any kind of line or crowd at the brewery specifically related to this release. Not really sure why they're opening 2 hours early to be honest, it'll probably be dead for that time.
This is a blend with coolship beer, though. It's generating at least a little buzz, considering I heard about it and I'm not local.

JBP

This is a blend with coolship beer, though. It's generating at least a little buzz, considering I heard about it and I'm not local.
Maybe "no one gives a shit" was a little extreme, obviously there's interest. I'm just going by what I've seen at the past 7-8 non-Coolship "releases" at Allagash (and even those to some extent), Little Sal excluded, which have all been incredibly low key.

I'm gonna be there @ Opening on Saturday morning with a buddy. Hopefully all of them are sticking around.

It's so weird though...their wild ales are fantastic, some of the best american wild ales available. Russian River gets 4 hour lines and allagash gets 5 people? Seems strange or is it that coolship bottles just aren't tradable anymore and people stopped buying them. Resurgam is so freaking good..the fact that it lasted this long is astonishing.

I'll gladly trade for Resurgam. One of the best beers I've ever had. Just drank my last bottle from last batch. Unbelievable.

I'm gonna be there @ Opening on Saturday morning with a buddy. Hopefully all of them are sticking around.

It's so weird though...their wild ales are fantastic, some of the best american wild ales available. Russian River gets 4 hour lines and allagash gets 5 people? Seems strange or is it that coolship bottles just aren't tradable anymore and people stopped buying them. Resurgam is so freaking good..the fact that it lasted this long is astonishing.
Maine vs Cali, but yeah it makes no sense whatsoever. I guess it also has to do with the low scale releases? They don't announce weeks in advance when a Coolship is coming out, it just sorta happens

See ya Saturday AM, Adam.

drgarage

Not a real doctor. Lives in garage.
Contributor
Maine vs Cali, but yeah it makes no sense whatsoever. I guess it also has to do with the low scale releases? They don't announce weeks in advance when a Coolship is coming out, it just sorta happens
SF is 50 miles from Santa Rosa v. 100+ from Boston to Portland, but it's still absurd.

Latest posts