Allagash Releases & Events

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auror

Reaction score
Allagash should probably get their own thread, right?

Coolship Resurgam going on sale tomorrow @10am. 2 bottle limit. Congrats, Beer Camp goers.

Also, tasting room hours are now 10am-7pm Monday-Saturday.

So Belfius is coming out Thursday, appears it might be an actual release. Seems like an odd day to open early... trying to hit holiday crowd?

Once again I will ask Allagash - please stop announcing this **** in advance

Anyone have any idea (or care to speculate) on how Belfius is blended? As in, is there pasteurization going on, or is the saison component taking the place of young lambic in a gueuze-like blend, to provide carbonation from its residual sugars? Probably ISO regardless.

So if I go up this Thursday, I can get Resurgam, Golden Brett and Belfius? Whoa, hell of a deal for the trip.

So Belfius is coming out Thursday, appears it might be an actual release. Seems like an odd day to open early... trying to hit holiday crowd?

Once again I will ask Allagash - please stop announcing this **** in advance

I don't know, 2 days notice isn't that bad, much better than the month they gave for Little Sal. Plus no one (i.e. non-hardcore beer geeks and the general public who visit the brewery) really seems to give a **** about any releases other than the Coolships and fruited sours, so I doubt there will be any kind of line or crowd at the brewery specifically related to this release. Not really sure why they're opening 2 hours early to be honest, it'll probably be dead for that time.

I'm curious if they actually leave all 3 beers on the floor at once or if they pull Resurgam for the time being since it's lasted close to a month at this point and still hasn't sold out. Can't recall if they've ever had more than 2 special releases on the floor at one time.

I don't know, 2 days notice isn't that bad, much better than the month they gave for Little Sal. Plus no one (i.e. non-hardcore beer geeks and the general public who visit the brewery) really seems to give a **** about any releases other than the Coolships and fruited sours, so I doubt there will be any kind of line or crowd at the brewery specifically related to this release. Not really sure why they're opening 2 hours early to be honest, it'll probably be dead for that time.

This is a blend with coolship beer, though. It's generating at least a little buzz, considering I heard about it and I'm not local.

This is a blend with coolship beer, though. It's generating at least a little buzz, considering I heard about it and I'm not local.

Maybe "no one gives a ****" was a little extreme, obviously there's interest. I'm just going by what I've seen at the past 7-8 non-Coolship "releases" at Allagash (and even those to some extent), Little Sal excluded, which have all been incredibly low key.

xesQO79.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/188743174545...43174545346/821069044646086/?type=1&source=46

I'm gonna be there @ Opening on Saturday morning with a buddy. Hopefully all of them are sticking around.

It's so weird though...their wild ales are fantastic, some of the best american wild ales available. Russian River gets 4 hour lines and allagash gets 5 people? Seems strange or is it that coolship bottles just aren't tradable anymore and people stopped buying them. Resurgam is so freaking good..the fact that it lasted this long is astonishing.

I'll gladly trade for Resurgam. One of the best beers I've ever had. Just drank my last bottle from last batch. Unbelievable.

I'm gonna be there @ Opening on Saturday morning with a buddy. Hopefully all of them are sticking around.

It's so weird though...their wild ales are fantastic, some of the best american wild ales available. Russian River gets 4 hour lines and allagash gets 5 people? Seems strange or is it that coolship bottles just aren't tradable anymore and people stopped buying them. Resurgam is so freaking good..the fact that it lasted this long is astonishing.

Maine vs Cali, but yeah it makes no sense whatsoever. I guess it also has to do with the low scale releases? They don't announce weeks in advance when a Coolship is coming out, it just sorta happens

See ya Saturday AM, Adam.

Maine vs Cali, but yeah it makes no sense whatsoever. I guess it also has to do with the low scale releases? They don't announce weeks in advance when a Coolship is coming out, it just sorta happens
SF is 50 miles from Santa Rosa v. 100+ from Boston to Portland, but it's still absurd.

$15, 375ml.

Really hoping the increasing batch sizes leads to 750mls someday.

Last time I saw Jason at an event I made a pointed comment about Coolship magnums and he said they might do those as employee gifts sometime soon........

EDIT: Actually I don't think that was Jason. I think that was one of the retail guys. So never mind.. I'm still personally waiting for Coolship Blue.

What was Little Sal? Not that?

Just a blueberry AWA with the "full suite" of the classic yeast/bacteria, but no coolship. And, given the bizarre level of hype around it for an Allagash beer, it was seriously disappointing (and I am a huge Allagash homer).

The only Allagash beer that's hit the coolship that I'm aware of that wasn't a full fledged coolship brew was Ghoulschip, and that's only been brewed twice.

It wasn't cool shipped. And maybe not a blonde base?

The regular Coolships aren't blonde based either. Turbid mash, ~33% wheat, no yeast, right to coolship. It's lambic, except brewed in the wrong place.

Just a blueberry AWA with the "full suite" of the classic yeast/bacteria, but no coolship. And, given the bizarre level of hype around it for an Allagash beer, it was seriously disappointing (and I am a huge Allagash homer).

The only Allagash beer that's hit the coolship that I'm aware of that wasn't a full fledged coolship brew was Ghoulschip, and that's only been brewed twice.

The regular Coolships aren't blonde based either. Turbid mash, ~33% wheat, no yeast, right to coolship. It's lambic, except brewed in the wrong place.
I meant blonde in color (which lambics are). I was remembering it being a red ale base.

Apropo of this being the Allagash discussion thread, interesting to see that Nancy has been added to the Limited Edition beer descriptions on the Allagash site. Not that the page ever actually means anything, but.... That and Farm to Face have to be up sometime soon, I would think...

Anyone have any idea (or care to speculate) on how Belfius is blended? As in, is there pasteurization going on, or is the saison component taking the place of young lambic in a gueuze-like blend, to provide carbonation from its residual sugars? Probably ISO regardless.

Looks like this question was never answered, and I don't know, but I would speculate the latter. Would be unlike Allagash to pasteurize... That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was primed a bit too? Allagash Saison is relatively dry to my taste anyway, though I suppose there might still be plenty of stuff left for the lambic bugs to eat.

Looks like this question was never answered, and I don't know, but I would speculate the latter. Would be unlike Allagash to pasteurize... That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was primed a bit too? Allagash Saison is relatively dry to my taste anyway, though I suppose there might still be plenty of stuff left for the lambic bugs to eat.
Was hoping the little card with beer description would clarify, but it just says it's a blend of the two.

This years batch is so good.
I know, I cant stop thinking about it since you guys brought it up ALL day. Put one in the fridge on my lunch break :D:D
If you've never had one with a couple years on it, do yourself a favor and bury the other one deep in the cellar somewhere for a while :)
I am going to do that with my last one, and hopefully my buddy from up there picks me up at least another 1-2 before his next stop down.

Back