Almanac Notoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerandnosh1

Reaction score
Shameless plug for Almanac's upcoming Notoberfest:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/notoberfest-2014-tickets-13084952445

notoberfest2014hires.jpg

Celebrating the coming of autumn and collaborations between people who make delicious things, this event is a cornucopia of fall flavors and fun. Join us for an evening of meat, beer, friends and family.

Featuring a dizzying array of butchery delights from the always delectable Ryan Farr and his band of 4505 Meats misfits.

We’ve asked some of our favorite California breweries to pour their brews, with a focus on autumn seasonals: pumpkin beers, fresh hop ales and Octoberfest lagers will abound!

Featuring Beers from:

Almanac Beer Co
Baeltane Brewing
Henhouse Brewing
Anchor Brewing
Drake's Brewing
Half Moon Bay
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers
Firestone Barrelworks
Ballast Point
Tahoe Mountain Brewing
Mraz Brewing
Fort Point Beer
Faction Brewing
& More !

Details: $60 ticket includes all beer and food
Doors open at 6:30, last pour at 9:30
21+ only

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/notoberfest-2014-tickets-13084952445

If you have any questions about the event, leave em below and I'd be happy to answer them. This is going to be a fun one.

This is really, really interesting, and not only because of the fact that musicians Jason Mraz and Drake apparently have breweries. They are men of many talents. Sadly I am a poor startup clown and the entry price is probably out of my range. I mean I can barely afford to get my weekly 'nac (which is short for Almanac but I made it pointless to shorten by writing this long explanation) fix.

Posting of an awesome beer list might change my mind though...

Posting of an awesome beer list might change my mind though...

Working on the taplist now (I didn't require it from breweries) but that focus is on fall seasonals - expect pumpkin beers, oktoberfest lagers, fresh hop beers and other fun seasonals. Almanac will have both barrel aged pumpkin beers up, as well as some one-off draft taps.

Almanac will have both barrel aged pumpkin beers up, as well as some one-off draft taps.

You absolutely crushed it with this sentence. If you want to get beer geeks excited about something, you need do little more than bring up rarity and barrel-aging. That is coincidentally the Rare Barrel's entire marketing strategy, AND IT WORKS!

Back