Another Bruery Stress Test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridglens

Reaction score
Friends of The Bruery!

We've been working hard to better your experience when making purchases through our eCommerce site, TheBrueryStore.com and we want to test our changes with a killer sale!

With the excitement of Black Tuesday coming up on the 29th, we wanted to make sure everything was in place to handle the expected traffic. As a test of our website's ability to handle all of you craft beer lovers, we're putting on a huge sale this coming Monday at 10am that we are dubbing our "Stress Test Part Deux".

The point of this sale, besides releasing some fun beers and raising money for a couple of great causes, is to really stress out our servers. We want lots of you online at the same time so that we can see how it reacts.

We've reached way back into our archives and pulled out some incredible beers, in limited quantities for you to purchase.

We really want to get as many people as possible to log in and make a purchase at the same time, so we'll also be 'selling' a coupon for a special, $2 flight of beer at our Tasting Room. That coupon will only be on sale for 30 minutes, so you'll have to log in right at 10am to get one for yourself.

All of the items below will be available at 10am on Monday, October 21st via www.TheBrueryStore.com

Cheers!

The Bruery

ITEM BOTTLES AVAILABLE PRICE
Special $2 Tasting Room Flight CouponUnlimitedº Free!
Papier 24 $99.99
100% donated to the Greg Koch Movember Campaign
Partridge in a Pear Tree 24 $99.99
100% Donated to Ales for ALS
2 Turtle Doves 60 $14.99
3 French Hens 60 $14.99
Coton 120 $24.99
Cuir 120 $24.99
Rueuze 2012 240 $19.99
Smoking Wood 2011 240 $19.99
Chocolate Rain 2013* 120 $39.99
Grey Monday 2012* 36 $39.99
Black Tuesday 2011* 24 $29.99

º = The Tasting Room Flight Coupon will only be available between 10am and 10:30am PDT. No other purchase is necessary, but you must go through the purchase process with this item in your cart to be able to redeem it.

* = These beers are available exclusively to our current, 2013 Reserve and Hoarders Society members.

Last edited:
Yea, I saw this too. Lose/Lose. Either I remember to do it and I'm pissed when I don't get anything, or I forget to do it and I'm pissed because I'm convinced I would have got something.

Also, did I miss the part about limits?

Yea, I saw this too. Lose/Lose. Either I remember to do it and I'm pissed when I don't get anything, or I forget to do it and I'm pissed because I'm convinced I would have got something.

Got lost in the formatting of that copy paste.
ITEM BOTTLES AVAILABLE PRICE
Special $2 Tasting Room Flight Coupon - Unlimited - Free!
Papier - 24 - $99.99
Partridge in a Pear Tree - 24 - $99.99
2 Turtle Doves - 60 - $14.99
3 French Hens - 60 - $14.99
Coton - 120 - $24.99
Cuir - 120 - $24.99
Rueuze 2012 - 240 - $19.99
Smoking Wood 2011 - 240 - $19.99
Chocolate Rain 2013* - 120 - $39.99
Grey Monday 2012* - 36 - $39.99
Black Tuesday 2011* - 24 - $29.99

i didn't see anything about that? maybe 1/person/item?

if not, i will be shooting for all 2 cases of piapt.... then hitting up some mybeercellar to rape some noobs!

well, i mean you could probably get some smoking wood ;)

i didn't see anything about that? maybe 1/person/item?

if not, i will be shooting for all 2 cases of piapt.... then hitting up some mybeercellar to rape some noobs!

Yeah, curious that they aren't putting limits on the beers

I could probably get some herpes too if I so desired, but I'll continue to go out of my way to avoid it.
From what I hear you're not going that far out of your way.

Anywho, I'd be pretty shocked if the vintage stuff were anything besides 1 bottle limits, but who the hell knows? Maybe the Bruery has gone full retard and wants one dude (read: Joel) to buy it all.

I just want more chocolate rain. Maybe a grey Monday but my focus is on the CR since you ******** won't trade all of it to me for nothing.

From what I hear you're not going that far out of your way.

Anywho, I'd be pretty shocked if the vintage stuff were anything besides 1 bottle limits, but who the hell knows? Maybe the Bruery has gone full retard and wants one dude (read: Joel) to buy it all.
yeah, drinking with the indy guys does have its risks.

How does the cart system for the Bruery work? Can I keep stuff in my cart for the sole purpose of denying others and making myself feel better?

If it's like last time, yes. I wholly reccomend it. Remember someone putting like 200 BTs in their cart last time???

BA was fun to read that day...plus all the morons trying to buy stuff who weren't even in RS/HS.

Last edited:
If it's like last time, yes. I wholly reccomend it. Remember someone putting like 200 BTs in their cart last time???

BA was fun to read that day...plus all the morons trying to buy stuff who weren't even in RS/HS.

Perhaps a fix for this is what they are Beta testing.

I'm learning that ignoring these bruery shenanigans, as well as their high allocation limits ( i.e., pretending you can only buy one of any given allocation), is a great way to build savings, make sure the kids can afford college, reduce the size of an overgrown cellar and generally not worry as much about the overwhelming financial uncertainties the world has to offer. Plus, if Suze Orman is your aunt, she'll lay off you a bit at thanksgiving this year.

Watched it wheel with a blank page for 20 seconds and gave up. Disappointed in myself for waiting that long, but I wanted to smell dat wax again.

What's going on with the Bruery Online Store? I just wanted to get some Mischief and it's timing out on me.

Back