Any audiophiles or head-fi'ers?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Suggestions on quality sound over ear headphones to be used in the office for work/study? I've used the Beat Studio's for the gym and such (lost them). I don't feel that they ever were "loud enough" and I have found that to be an issue when playing anything from my iPhone to a Bluetooth headset. Any suggestions there would also be welcome as if I'm paying several hundred for a set of headphones, I'd like to play them at the audible level I choose without the limitation.

Edit: I don't think I'd be willing to spend more than $300/400 or so unless it blew my mind.

Thanks!

My travel cans are B&O and I fucking love them.

B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4 Wireless Headphones, Tangerine Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WLNQBQP/?tag=talkbeer-20
I really like these!

Edit...just looked at the matte black gen 2 on amazon for $50 more...I like the limestone more but not $50 more. Ugh. Decisions.

Edit Edit… between these two, any thoughts? Sounds like both may be more bass oriented versus studio sound. I'd prefer studio sound but I'm not seeing much else in the price range for the quality. I'm sorry, I just don't like the looks of the bose/sony which do seem to have some better sound quality reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Wireless-Active-Cancellation/dp/B00SNI44CQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3NDB6PPS32PUH&keywords=sennheiser+momentum+2.0+wireless&qid=1579312138&sprefix=Sennheiser+Momentum+2,aps,157&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMjNEVUU2U1dUUkZKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODc5NTgzNTRIOE1RQzlWMUpXJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1NDgwODdRTDYzVFFMM1A3STgmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

vs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WSJK793?pf_rd_p=ab873d20-a0ca-439b-ac45-cd78f07a84d8&pf_rd_r=35KG2PCSENXZZ6TEF9FG

Last edited:
Okay so need some help from here. I bought the Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless headphones. I'm going to use them for the office and home for studying/work. I would like to get a decent amplifier to go with it but am having a hard time finding something that's not overly expensive (sub $100) that will also connect to my iPhone and provide sufficient power to my headphones. Any suggestions or knowledge? It seems that the amp would need to be iPhone specific so it's limited the options.

Why are you looking for an amp for Bluetooth headphones?
To be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just started reading this thread and someone mentioned a portable amp/dac which gave them far better sound. Additionally, I max my iPhone and headphone volume out and would still like, in some situations, to turn them up louder. Lastly, if a portable amp like the Fiio A3 isn't worth the investment, I'd consider something bigger for home use that I can utilize for a future listening with larger speakers etc.

Group Builder