any bristol, uk spots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinypyramids1

Reaction score
so i'm in sunny old swindon for few days visiting family, but at some point the wife and i are gonna get the hell out of dodge and spend a day in bristol. wife is a cider enthusiast (and a former bristol resident) so we're already set to go to the apple, but are there any great craft pubs and bottle shops around? searching BA's database was pretty slim pickings for stuff that's been rated, so maybe one of you has a recommendation.

edit: also interested in specialty spirit shops, like ones that deal in high-end whiskys.

Last edited:
after some assorted reading, my best bet looks like king street (smallbar and beer emporium) and thn walk over to the apple afterward. day sorted.

summary: king street is where it's at. beer emporium and smallbar were grand times. beer emporium and brew bristol for bottles albeit compared to a really good bottle shop in chicago, their selections were not as big.

Back