Anyone experienced Drie bottles leaking when stored horizontally?

Help Support Talkbeer:

2plums4one

Custom Title
I recently noticed a drop or two under a horizontally stored 3f bottle. Cork seems to be in great shape, and the bottle is about 4 years old. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I switched to upright aging for all my 3f bottles.

2plums4one

Custom Title
I haven't. Is the cork moist? If liquid is coming out the bottle is probably flat.
The cork wasn't moist at all and there were just 2 drops below it after about a year of storage. It looks like just a couple drops got out between the cork and the bottle, and the cork wasn't moist from what I could tell.

The cork wasn't moist at all and there were just 2 drops below it after about a year of storage. It looks like just a couple drops got out between the cork and the bottle, and the cork wasn't moist from what I could tell.
You sure it wasn't from something else? It's pretty unusual for bottles to leak a tiny amount without any jostling or heat cycling. But if it's that small then I wouldn't worry about it.

2plums4one

Custom Title
stupac2 : Technically it could have been from something else but I inspected the few bottles below it (cantillon) and found no evidence of a leak. I've been checking ever since I removed it and no drops whatsoever. I'm thinking it was either another cantillon bottle that just leaked a few drips after loading it in, or simply the cork condensing just barely from when it was first cooled after being shipped to me (last spring I think). Either way I'm leak-less as of now but I'll continue monitoring for drops. Thanks for your input.

What beer? I'm pretty sure a lot of people had issues with the most recent Golden Blends - mine leaked in transit and I think I heard a few others say the same

I store 3F horizontally. Never had an issue w/ 3F.

The only thing I've ever had an issue with was a single bottle of Cascade Blueberry. I have ~300 bottles stored horizontally, around 30 of those are Cascade. Amazingly, despite losing 10-20% of liquid volume, (looks and feels like black tar on the cellar carpet) the beer was still carbonated and delicious.

2plums4one

Custom Title
What beer? I'm pretty sure a lot of people had issues with the most recent Golden Blends - mine leaked in transit and I think I heard a few others say the same
yup, golden blend 750. After further inspection it does seem the cork has moved up just a hair, I'm guessing from shipping. I'll probably drink it soon as I have a few.

Latest posts