Anything in Buffalo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc2

Reaction score
Traveling in a couple weeks and will be looking for lunch in Buffalo NY. Any good brew pubs in that area? Any bars that might carry lambic? Is there ANYTHING beer related worth a stop in that city?

::Tried looking for a Buffalo thread here and nothing came up

Thin Man (former owners of Blue Monk, which was the place to go). They hosted Zwanze day, and are at the forefront of belgian beer bars in the area.
Beyond that there are a bunch of newish breweries that are passable (google it).

Community Beer Works canned That IPA this week. Drinking pretty good.

Pizza Plant may have a surprise or two on tap. Ditto Moor Pat.

If you have a car another thought would be leaving Buffalo and driving the 20 minutes to suburb East Aurora. Aurora Brew Works is a bottle shop/bar on Main Street there that carries a fantastic selection of beer including wilds and hard to find locals like Grimm. Bar Bill Tavern is right next door which has the best Buffalo wings and Beef on Weck in the area. Cool little town for good beer and food.

Heading down next weekend after the Black Friday insanity has died down. Good to know!

Heading down next weekend after the Black Friday insanity has died down. Good to know!
If you do EA definitely check out 42 North Brewing as well. Just down the street from Brew Works/Bar Bill. Awesome space with a solid Borderland IPA and amazing Small Batch Triple.

East Aurora is cool, seems like a very mellow town. I'd go there for a weekend and hit Brew works.

Moor Pat seems like a good bar to hit up, lots of Other Half and Grimm popping up there.

Anything downtown? I travel up a few times a year and downtown seems like a wasteland of beer.
Not really if you're talking about actual downtown buffalo. Pearl street is a pretty fun brewpub downtown. But downtown is right next to Allentown which has good beer - check out Allen Burger Venture. It gets crazy packed in there but they have good taps and burgs. If you keep heading north you will reach elmwood village which has good beer options as well.

Bringing this one back from the dead to see who can tell me where the best beef on weck in the downtown area is? I'll be out there this weekend and will probably hit up thin man on friday night. How's that place look with 3 kids in tow at 7pm friday night?

Bringing this one back from the dead to see who can tell me where the best beef on weck in the downtown area is? I'll be out there this weekend and will probably hit up thin man on friday night. How's that place look with 3 kids in tow at 7pm friday night?
Really recommend driving to East Aurora if at all possible. As for Thin Man, the space is huge and my experience with a kid in there has been good. Allen Burger Venture also was good with a kid, but that place gets really packed.

Throwing out Hamburg Brewing as a cool place to visit that is family friendly as well. Don’t expect to be blown away by the beers, but the grounds and building are really nice.

Charlie the Butcher. No compare for beef on weck.

Source: Grew up in Buffalo.

Can't think of anywhere downtown but Charlie the Butcher or schwabls are the best bets for beef on weck.

Charlie the Butcher. No compare for beef on weck.

Source: Grew up in Buffalo.

Can't think of anywhere downtown but Charlie the Butcher or schwabls are the best bets for beef on weck.

Looks like I'll have to venture outside of the city a little bit. Small price to pay for one of my favorite sandwiches.

Just dropping by to second (third) Thin Man. I stopped in over the holidays and really enjoyed the place. Solid variety of styles on draft, much haze. Nice on-site list too, much tomes.

Back