Asheville TBers?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmh_the_1legend

Reaction score
So anyone here from Asheville? Don't see much discussion on these boards about this east coast beer Mecca so I thought I would throw one out there. I'm looking to set something up for some Burial brewing skillet donut stout that drops today but I didn't wanna post an ISO if no one here is from there. Perhaps you know someone who lives there or is dropping by this week? Maybe you want to help? Maybe? Let me know! Let's set something up!

I know kbs is there but not super active. When will you be there? I'll shoot him a text.

In general, Asheville folks only ever drink Asheville beer, ergo they are few and far between on this kinda site

I'll piggyback on this like the lazy MF'er I am. I'm gonna be in the Asheville area from 10/11-10/14.

I come from the land of Sante Adairius Rustic Ales and if anyone is interested in an IP trade, let me know.

Don't really have a ISO list but I'd be looking for Creature Comforts, vintage Wicked Weed (we'll be going there during our trip obviously), Westbrook, etc.

I go there semi-regularly. I know some of the locals who work in the industry there. Of course, we know each other too. Skillet donut dropped all over NC now.

east coast beer Mecca
kneeslapbellylaugh.gif

So I'm staying in Asheville in November (coming from NJ). Hoping to do a SN, WW and some other stops. Be getting in Thursday around 7-8, staying the night and hitting up some places for the afternoon. Where's a good hotel to stay for the night?

Wish I could stay around there longer but have a wedding in Beaufort, SC Friday night. Appreciate any help, thanks guys!

So I'm staying in Asheville in November (coming from NJ). Hoping to do a SN, WW and some other stops. Be getting in Thursday around 7-8, staying the night and hitting up some places for the afternoon. Where's a good hotel to stay for the night?

Wish I could stay around there longer but have a wedding in Beaufort, SC Friday night. Appreciate any help, thanks guys!
If you're going to be alone, I highly recommend staying at Sweet Pea's Hostel. I've stayed there 20 times or so now. Always a great experience and very affordable. If you have the family with you, most would probably recommend Downtown Inn, despite its unbelievably scathing reviews. It's affordable and in close proximity to all the places you'll want to walk to. I've stayed there before and lived through it. You'll be fine.

Have fun in Asheville! Be sure to eat breakfast at Sunny Point or Tupelo and get the best ribs you'll ever eat at 12 Bones. Cheers!

If you're going to be alone, I highly recommend staying at Sweet Pea's Hostel. I've stayed there 20 times or so now. Always a great experience and very affordable. If you have the family with you, most would probably recommend Downtown Inn, despite its unbelievably scathing reviews. It's affordable and in close proximity to all the places you'll want to walk to. I've stayed there before and lived through it. You'll be fine.

Have fun in Asheville! Be sure to eat breakfast at Sunny Point or Tupelo and get the best ribs you'll ever eat at 12 Bones. Cheers!
Liked for Sunny Point. Sunny Point >>>>>> Tupelo Honey.

Thanks, going with my wife. Looking at Tupelo or Early Girl so that helps, thanks!

Can't wait to read these reviews on this hotel haha

Any must-sees for breweries (and also any I can skip?) thanks for the help

Thanks, going with my wife. Looking at Tupelo or Early Girl so that helps, thanks!

Can't wait to read these reviews on this hotel haha

Any must-sees for breweries (and also any I can skip?) thanks for the help

Should hit: wicked weed (all), burial

Could hit: Twin leaf, Sierra Nevada, possibly Oskar Blues, green man, thirsty monk (bar)

Could skip: whatever else you choose. Lots of beer in Asheville but that means lots of pretty fine quality beer. Places like Lexington Ave, hi wire, highland, plenty of others, make just "fine" beer, but it's not better than whatever wicked weed you hadn't tried yet. Just go back to wicked weed

Go to white duck taco, go to biscuit head. They're food and they're awesome. Curate is awesome if you're in the mood for fancy stuff.

If you're anywhere close, go to fonta flora. Probably my favorite nc brewery, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Visit tasty beverage (that parts a shameless plug; I work at the Raleigh shop. But kbs manages the show at Asheville and he'll make sure you're taken care of on your visit)

Should hit: wicked weed (all), burial

Could hit: Twin leaf, Sierra Nevada, possibly Oskar Blues, green man, thirsty monk (bar)

Could skip: whatever else you choose. Lots of beer in Asheville but that means lots of pretty fine quality beer. Places like Lexington Ave, hi wire, highland, plenty of others, make just "fine" beer, but it's not better than whatever wicked weed you hadn't tried yet. Just go back to wicked weed

Go to white duck taco, go to biscuit head. They're food and they're awesome. Curate is awesome if you're in the mood for fancy stuff.

If you're anywhere close, go to fonta flora. Probably my favorite nc brewery, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Visit tasty beverage (that parts a shameless plug; I work at the Raleigh shop. But kbs manages the show at Asheville and he'll make sure you're taken care of on your visit)
awesome help, thanks! I sell SN in NJ so I really want to swing in there. Wicked Weed and Burial are on the list as well. Thanks for the food ideas too.
Fonta Flora is on my list but it matters when we're able to leave from NJ. Wednesday after work and I'm there. Thursday? it'll be tight. But I definitely want to go if it's possible. really excited for this trip

awesome help, thanks! I sell SN in NJ so I really want to swing in there. Wicked Weed and Burial are on the list as well. Thanks for the food ideas too.
Fonta Flora is on my list but it matters when we're able to leave from NJ. Wednesday after work and I'm there. Thursday? it'll be tight. But I definitely want to go if it's possible. really excited for this trip
I agree with everything caaam said except I'd move Green Man to the must visit list. It's partly nostalgia for me, as I've been going there for a long time. But I am usually able to try at least one very good tap offering when I visit. It's just a fun place! Enjoy your visit to my favorite town in America.

I agree with everything caaam said except I'd move Green Man to the must visit list. It's partly nostalgia for me, as I've been going there for a long time. But I am usually able to try at least one very good tap offering when I visit. It's just a fun place! Enjoy your visit to my favorite town in America.

I probably should've broken the middle into two lists - green man and sierra are above the others on that list

Thanks for the info on this thread guys. Heading out to Asheville Tuesday and had planned to be out in the woods all day Tues/Weds, but not sure the weather will agree with that. Probably will just hit a couple breweries if anyone wants to touch tips.

Sorry to keep posting, but I don't want to start a whole new thread.

Any places near Beaufort, SC to check out?? Free all Saturday afternoon before a wedding. Any ideas welcomed, thanks!

Anyone ever do any skiing in the Asheville area? Looking into a New Years Eve/Wicked Weed/skiing trip. If I remember correctly, I've been told there are some places to go skiing within 30-45 minutes from Asheville.

Anyone ever do any skiing in the Asheville area? Looking into a New Years Eve/Wicked Weed/skiing trip. If I remember correctly, I've been told there are some places to go skiing within 30-45 minutes from Asheville.

Wolf Laurel is closest.

Or you can take a day trip up to Boone and ski at Beech or Sugar Mountain.

Wolf Laurel is closest.

Or you can take a day trip up to Boone and ski at Beech or Sugar Mountain.

Hmmm, I thought the other 2 were closer than what they are.

Ever been or hear how Wolf Laurel is? Would prefer to stay in downtown Asheville for a 3 or 4 night weekend, and drive to and from the ski slopes probably 2 of those days while there.

Hey yall.

I'm visiting Asheville this upcoming weekend (Nov 6-8) for a bachelor party and wanted to see if there were any good bottles in the wild right now that I should look for. I definitely wanna grab a few Wicked Weed offerings, is there a way to find out what they have available to-go?

Cheers

Hey yall.

I'm visiting Asheville this upcoming weekend (Nov 6-8) for a bachelor party and wanted to see if there were any good bottles in the wild right now that I should look for. I definitely wanna grab a few Wicked Weed offerings, is there a way to find out what they have available to-go?

Cheers

They typically have a lot of bottles available, but they don't post what is available anywhere.

Fwiw I currently reside in Raleigh but grew up/have family in that area. I frequent Asheville about once a month or two

Sorry to keep posting, but I don't want to start a whole new thread.

Any places near Beaufort, SC to check out?? Free all Saturday afternoon before a wedding. Any ideas welcomed, thanks!
I would personally appreciate this being its own thread. Don't know about anybody else. I can't find **** on Beaufort, and it looks as if this post is being ignored here in the Asheville thread.

Bumping.

Asheville locals and/or frequenters, what are you favorite nice/romantic restaurants in town? Looking to do something a bit more special for dinner this weekend. A few of my friends recommend the chef's menu with wine pairings at Cucina 24. Any thoughts?

Bumping.

Asheville locals and/or frequenters, what are you favorite nice/romantic restaurants in town? Looking to do something a bit more special for dinner this weekend. A few of my friends recommend the chef's menu with wine pairings at Cucina 24. Any thoughts?

Not familiar with Cucina, and dunno what your threshold of fancy is, but Bull and Beggar should come decently close, and it's amazing (and some awesome cocktails/sneaky good whiskey list). Curate also gets lots of love, deservedly so from what I've heard.

kbs Sam Fu let the man know what's up

Top places to eat:

Bull and the Beggar (for the more adventurous eater)
Admiral (best food in town)
Curate (you need reservations way ahead of time)
Rezaz (I have always enjoyed the food. In Biltmore Village)
Corner Kitchen (always enjoyed the food. In Biltmore Village)

You can also try out the Nightbell (say chef as Curate, but a little funky) Fancy mixed drinks that the ladies might like.

Admiral (need a reso today if you want)
Bull and Beggar is dope. If you are a boss you get the 36oz house-aged ribeye.
Nightbell has a killer burger (same chef as Curaté)
For late night whisky go to Double Crown. It's a lilacflowers in the best way.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Also if anyone in Asheville this weekend wants to do an IP swap of a 4-pack of S'mores Stout (to me) for a 4-pack of French Toast Stout (to you), let me know. Buddy got me 3 packs of FT when it was released that I'm picking up from him.

Well looks like I'll be in Asheville for the long memorial day weekend. Just so happens to be beer week :).

I was down a few years ago on a bachelor party and we did a lot of drinking, enjoyed the hell out of the town. This time I am coming with the wife, our little dude and the wife's sister. We are staying within walking distance to downtown. If anyone will be in the area and want to meet up / trade / bottle share - feel free to reach out. I am thinking of checking out beer city festival again, not sure about doing it solo!

We will be in Asheville next weekend for the Burial release and Snozzberry release.

Anyone have any input on how early to get to Green Man on Sunday?

If any of you want to grab a beer hit me up! I'll bring some locals and a bunch of Rhinegeist.

We will be in Asheville next weekend for the Burial release and Snozzberry release.

Anyone have any input on how early to get to Green Man on Sunday?

If any of you want to grab a beer hit me up! I'll bring some locals and a bunch of Rhinegeist.
Based on Snozzberry last year, unless they have way more allotments, you'll wanna get there way early. I think the last folks to get bottles were arriving about 45 minutes before sales. Last year was also on a Wednesday. I would plan to get there 2-3 hours early, and prepare to wait around, sadly

I have zero desire to go to this impending disaster

I'll be in Asheville this weekend and looking to grab a few beers and possibly bring some bottles down to share?

On a side note anyone have a bottle of snozzberry they are looking to trade?

I'll be in Asheville this weekend and looking to grab a few beers and possibly bring some bottles down to share?
I'll be staying in Hendersonville for a week starting this Saturday....I'll be getting in sometime in the evening. I plan on being in Asheville all day Sunday, starting with the BA skillet donut release. I'm guessing you'll be there?

I'll be staying in Hendersonville for a week starting this Saturday....I'll be getting in sometime in the evening. I plan on being in Asheville all day Sunday, starting with the BA skillet donut release. I'm guessing you'll be there?

That's the plan, Hoping to be there!

I'll most likely be in Asheville from July 1-4. Any cool events that weekend? Anyone want philly beer? (Probably not tired hands)

Back